Pearshaped

Pearshaped

Translate

Thursday 24 May 2018

We only went out to the dentist's.......

.....but we ended up at Dunham Massey garden again! 
I am such a fickle being with my affection for gardens - I have come to the conclusion that the garden I love most is the one I am in at the time!!!
Last week I was convinced that Alnwick was the most beautiful and back on May 3rd it was Dunham! Five weeks ago it was Kew and after that it was the gardens in Parc Montsouris! We hope to visit Sizergh  Castle again soon and I know I will love that too!
The Dunham garden has changed so much in 3 weeks, the sun was shining and I loved it!
We saw a little rabbit eating petals as they fell off the tulips.

 This Hawthorn bush is huge!!


 The ferns have all unfurled
I only know this as the handkerchief tree, because of the way the flowers form!


 One of my favourite views!




These remind me of little bonnets - they are called Silene Fimbriata.
 This guy walked into my long view


 There were plenty of volunteer gardeners around but we think it must have been lunchtime!
 A duck family kept us entertained for a while!
 The opposite end to the little moat - standing on the narrow bridge!

 The vegetable garden is being planted up




As I may have said last time - another favourite view!
 Back to the entrance!
If you want to compare the changes you will find my 3rd of may post here

I have another journal page - in my small journal.
I used some infusions sprinkled deli paper that had been used as under paper, a piece of stained (can't remember what with!)book paper,a Dina Wakley woodcut flower, a bird cut from some scrapbooking paper and some numbers - all from one of my scrap bags - I added a few doodles!

I would like to link to Art Journal Journey for Jo's 'Flora and Fauna' theme and also Moo Mania and More - Even More Flowers!

Thanks for looking, Chris

16 comments:

Helen said...

wow, that hawthorn is amazing! I am off to what will always be my favourite garden,tomorrow!!

Valerie-Jael said...

Wonderful photos, this is really a wonderful time of year for walking in gardens and parks. Great journal page, too. Have a fun weekend, hugs, Valerie

froebelsternchen said...

Hawthorn is absolutely amazing - wow!!! You shared brilliant and peaceful photos dear Chris - I am thrilled about them and I adore your beautiful journal page with so much space to rest for the eye - gorgeous design! Another fantastic entry linked to Jo's theme! Thank you for such a beautiful posting on a dull and rainy morning here in my area!
I wish you a wonderful weekend!
Big hugs, Susi

Meggymay said...

I can understand you enjoying visits to this gorgeous garden. Somewhere I think I will be adding to my list of places to visit if we ever go to that area.
Your journal page looks beautiful.
Yvonne xx

Let's Art Journal said...

How lovely to have so many gardens to visit and I always enjoy visiting them with you too! The gardens have changed and the new greenery and flowers look beautiful, it sounds like you had a great day out, if we ignore your dentist reference ...lol 😉. Such a pretty page too, the infusions and scraps are amazing and beautifully collaged together! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at AJJ and wishing you a Happy Friday and Weekend! J 😊 x

froebelsternchen said...

Oh Chris - I didn't mention how much I love it to see this beautiful pages also linked to Moo Mania & More! ♥♥♥
THANK YOU!!!

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Your love of gardens is once again showing and Dunham Massey garden is no exception. It's a beautiful garden, and you take fabulous photos of any garden you visit.

Of course, I simply adore the journal page you created, too. I love the bird. I also like the white space, too. It's a stunning entry and I'm delighted you shared it with us at Art Journal Journey.

Rosie said...

Wonderful photos and a gorgeous journal page, Chris

Thank you for joining us at MOO MANIA & MORE
Have a wonderful weekend

Rita said...

I love the partially wild look to these gardens. Nice looking photo bomber, too--LOL! Pretty page. Have a wonderful weekend. :)

Lenie said...

Beautiful pictures and a beautiful page!
Happy weekend!

My name is Erika. said...

The garden has changed but is still so beautiful. That is the glories of a garden, how they change through the year. Thank you for sharing these beautiful photos. And I do really like your latest page in your small journal too. Have a great weekend. Hugs-Erika

Brenda Brown said...

Great photos Chris. I had a lovely day at Wisley Gardens yesterday with a friend. It’s looking particularly lush at the moment. Beautiful little journal page too xxx

Words and Pictures said...

I don't think it's fickleness, I think it's that much-desired state of being happy in the moment... and what a great way to be. Much better to love the garden you're in than to be wishing you were somewhere else! Great photos, thank you for sharing them. The pale iris is beyond beautiful, and I love your gentle page too.
Alison x

Words and Pictures said...

Oh, and the hawthorn too... wow, wow, wow xx

Cath Wilson said...

I've never been to Dunham at this time of the year but your photos make me want to go... looks lovely.

Great pages, too Chris.

Love your posts.

Cath x

Divers and Sundry said...

I agree about the gardens. The one I'm in is always the best :) And your photos of this one are lovely. Walking there must be delightful!