Pearshaped

Pearshaped

Translate

Thursday 10 May 2018

Take the train!

Hi everyone! I have some new stamps and could hardly wait to use this one!
It was my son's 39th birthday this week...really???

I made a card by using paint and ink in the same colours. They are old Ranger Jenny Bowlin ones and the shade is called Soap Powder!
I used a baby wipe to add the paint across the page - fading to create a lighter bottom. I then added the stamping which created further shade contrast.
The stamp is an AALL and create stamp #76 designed by Bipasha - so many lovely little elements all in one stamp! I added little parts from the stamp and also a little Denim stamp.

I am entering the challenges at:-

Simon Says Stamp Monday - 'Ombre'

Simon Says Stamp Wednesday - 'For The Boys'

Thanks for looking, Chris


14 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

Gorgeous card. Is your internet working again? Hugs, Valerie

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

This is unbelievable. It is both ethereal and mystical. I am really impressed. You have used these new stamps in a very creative way. You go, girl!

froebelsternchen said...

I am in awe of this card and like E. I am really impressed with it! WOW!
Happy weekend dear Chris!

Redanne said...

Oh Chris, I am so glad I ordered this stamp, I didn't realise it had a train on at first... love your card, your ombre has worked beautifully and the 'buildings' in the back look amazing and create so much depth! 39 is not bad, mine is 50 - yikes, where did all that time go! Hugs, Anne xx

Let's Art Journal said...

What a beautiful card! I love the soft blue colour and how you built the layers with a baby wipe and the stamps 😁. Where does the time go ...lol 😉. I bet your son will love it too! Have a wonderful day! J 😊 x

Linda Kunsman said...

beautiful card! I love the soft silhouettes in the background and that train stamp is wonderful.

Helen said...

I am glad you mentioned whose stamp it is.. I love it! All and Create have some fantastic designs. the card is just wonderful.

My name is Erika. said...

Cool card Chris. I love the image and the blue and black colors you used. :) Happy Friday. Hugs-Erika

Rita said...

Happy birthday to your son! A beautiful card. Just beautiful. :)

kathyinozarks said...

wonderful card! I love it
Happy weekend hugs Kathy

Gibby Frogett said...

Thats a really cool card Chris - love those stamps :)
Have a great weekend.
Gill x

chrissie said...

This is a fantastic card Chris. It has insoired me to have a go at something similar as I have a few male cards to make and no ideas what to do at all

Have a great day

Love Chrissie xx

Sandra said...

What a pretty card, love the background. Thank you so much for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. Hugs, Sandra

Mandy said...

Wonderful masculine card Chris! I love the scene you've created and the effect of the paint looks fabulous.
Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
Mandy xx