Pearshaped

Pearshaped

Translate

Tuesday 29 May 2018

T stands for...TioT's new topic and a treat day

Hi everyone!
Our new topic at Try It On Tuesday is 'She's Got The Look'! We would like to know what gives someone that special look, whether it is her style, a look in her eyes, or maybe, as in my case, a spectacular hairdo!

The Design Team have some fabulous ladies to inspire you!
I have had 'Cara', one of Donna Gray's sets for That's Crafty, for a while now, just waiting for now to show her! My friend Sarah has lovely hair that is often multicoloured and always looks brilliant, so, thinking of her I have coloured Cara's hair using Inktense water colour pencils.
I added a dragonfly in her hair and decided that she could be 'the girl with the dragonfly tattoo' and stamped her neck too !
The background and Cara's dress are gelli prints - I added some dotty stamping to the tag!
The flowers and the bird are from the same set.

On Saturday we headed to one of favourite places for lunch - Kennedy's Chocolate Factory in Orton
We were delighted to find that there was a Scarecrow festival on in the village based on the four seasons. 
We ate lunch - sorry forgot to take photos then set off on the trail!
The church was our first stop - it is such a lovely old church!

Each aisle was dedicated to a different season


Weddings featured quite strongly too!!!
The village is beautiful and we often enjoy a walk around.


Here are some of my favourite scarecrows



This last one really made me laugh as it reminded me of my Dad - it had little moles popping their heads up all around!
We headed back to the Chocolate Factory for coffee, so it is here I will join Bleubeard and Elizabeth for T Stands For Tuesday!
This next photo is the result of a lot of hard work on my behalf and captured at the end of a laugh!He was playing hard to photo!!! 
Hubby had a sugar laden (with chocolate swirled around the glass too) coffee milkshake while I had a filter coffee - not that I was being virtuous, do you see the chocolates in the little dish?
We had only had water with our lunch so it was a lovely little treat(I wrapped up two to take back with us!)
We drove back down the motorway (we had arrived via a scenic route!)past the heart shaped wood.
Hope to see your take on 'She's Got the Look' at TioT and if you are sharing your drink I'll see you at TSFT too!

Thanks for looking, Chris

24 comments:

Cath Wilson said...

That's a lovely image but I love what you've done with her - the gelli prints look brilliant, Chris! Great tribute to Sarah, lol, and I love the dragonflies, too - nice touch.

Those scarecrows look amazing... what a treat to drop on them. Looks as if you had a lovely day in the glorious sunshine.

Cath x

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

You tag is fabulous Chris, I love Cara's hair. It must have been difficult saving her until now to show. What a lovely find around the village, I love the quirkiness that village life brings, always so creative and the community spirit of events like this I would long for.
The heart shaped wood is so romantic, I'd like to think it was full of fairies. Thank you so much for sharing.
Creative Hugs & Happy T Day Tracey xx

Rosie said...

A beautiful tag and wonderful photos

My name is Erika. said...

That is a fun tag. She does have the look, and she's quite pretty. And I'm with your hubby-give me a coffee milkshake. I haven't had one of those in a while. The scarecrow festival looked like a lot of fun, and walking the grounds even better. Another beautiful place. Really Chris! You live a beautiful area. Happy T day. hugs-Erika

Let's Art Journal said...

Such a beautiful tag! That hairdo is gorgeous and I love the dragonfly tattoo - perfect 😁. Orten looks like a wonderful place to visit, the scarecrows are such fun and those chocolates look too good to eat but I would try ...lol 😉. Wishing you a very Happy T Day Chris! J 😊 x

Linda Kunsman said...

what a darling tag- and the stamps are wonderful too! You sure do take advantage of travelling about in such lovely places. Glad I can enjoy it along with you. That's a great pic of hubby enjoying his special drink-that sounds soo good! Happy T day!

jinxxxygirl said...

I so enjoyed your post Chris.. I love to see the Artsy side of people. Those displays were fabulous as was your tag.... Hubby's they sure know how to make us laugh and we love them so for it.. A heart shaped wood... did it grow natural that way?? i wonder? Oh.. .and you had me at Chocolate.. my Achilles heel along with icecream... lol Happy T day! Hugs! deb

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I was impressed with the lovely tag. It's a beauty and so is she.

I was also impressed with those scarecrows. I laughed at the moles, too. Some of the displays were quite good.

I really enjoyed the chocolate swirls and T's lovely smile as he drank it. It was a great scene and photo worthy for T this Tuesday.

Mrs.B said...

A fabulous tag Chris and I do love her hair!
DD was in Orton Saturday as they had heard about the Scarecrow festival, so it was lovely to see your photos as she forgot her camera. Don't think she knew about the Chocolate Factory - she certainly would have enjoyed hubby's milkshake.
Avril xx

craftytrog said...

That's a gorgeous little tag Chris, and looks like you had a great day out!
Happy T-Day,
Alison xx

Rita said...

The mole catcher made me laugh and the hubby-smile catcher photo made me smile. :)

froebelsternchen said...

I LOVE your beautiful tag with Donna's girl! BEAUTIFUL made - really stunning!
And I love all this fantastic shots you shared today and the smile of your hubby is always a pleasure! Such a charming boy!
Happy T-Day!

Hugs, Susi

Valerie-Jael said...

Wonderful tag! You visited a fun place, great photos! Happy T Day, hugs, Valerie

Eileen The Artful Crafter said...

Wonderful tag, Chris. Cara reminds me of a painting Tamara Laporte just shared in a video with the hair flowing up like that. Lovely image.

The scarecrow festival was delightful. I love the lamb looking at all the shorn wool in a quizzical way. The moles are pretty funny too. In our yard, it's squirrels.

The dioramas in the church are fascinating. I love miniature things like that. The details are so fun to examine.

Hubby's coffee milkshake looks delicious - even to a non-coffee drinker like me ;-)

Happy T-day! Hugs, Eileen

Meggymay said...

I love the fantastic tag Chris and with that hair style she sure has got' the look'.
I loved the photos you shared of the displays inside the church in Orton. They must have taken ages to set up. The scarecrows all looked fun as well. It was a super photo of your hubby with your delicious inviting drinks mine will only allow his hands in the photo.
Happy T day wishes.
Yvonne xx

kathyinozarks said...

Your art piece is just brilliant for the theme-love the dragonfly as a tattoo also-very clever of you-hugs.
I always enjoy seeing all the places you visit-what a fun exhibit.
Happy T Day Hugs Kathy

Halle said...

Wonderful tag! What a fun place you visited. The heart shaped woods made me smile!
Happy T day!

CJ Kennedy said...

Love those Inktense pencils. The scarecrows are so fun. I loved the sheep. Your hard work paid off. You capture a great picture of your Hubby. Mine won't pose. Those chocolates almost look too pretty to eat. Almost! Happy T Day!

Helen said...

sorry I am late, no internet (or phone or tv) last night... fabulous photos; you have so many wonderful places close on hand to visit.
your tag is great - she looks like she is falling down the tag with her hair streaming behind her.

Marjut said...

It`s really beautiful tag, the lovely background !

Joan said...

Fab tag, love the hair and the dragonfly tattoo! I love scarecrow festivals, we have a small one in our village but like the visit the big one at Kettlewell too



Joan

Kate Yetter said...

Your tag is so pretty and whimsical!
That church is gorgeous. how fun that it is decorated for all the seasons. Those chocolate flowers looks so yummy!
Happy Belated Tea Day,
Kate

Words and Pictures said...

That's a really cute tag - Donna's girl looks amazing with her flyaway hair. I've never been to a Scarecrow festival, so thank you for sharing that! The sidplays in the church are just wonderful.
Alison x

Words and Pictures said...

That would be "displays" obviously, not sidplays...