Pearshaped

Pearshaped

Translate

Tuesday 15 May 2018

Destination TIOT!

Hi everyone! If you pop over to Try It On Tuesday you will see that our new challenge is all about Destinations! The Design Team have lots of ideas about where they would go!

Where would you choose to be (especially if money was no object)?

I am not a heat lover so exotic beaches are not on my list.
I think most of you can probably guess where I like to be - somewhere with lots of parks and gardens as well as beautiful architecture - Paris!
My background was created using Distress Oxides and then added some more around the edges.
I stamped a Crafty Individuals metro ticket a couple of times and put some of my own made tape at the bottom. A That's Crafty brick stencil and some random text added more interest to the background.
I used Carabelle Studio Paris stamp by Azoline and added some white and gold highlights
Next came the flowers - I have quite a few flower dies but this time I chose to use some punches on some gelli printed papers. I drew onto them with a fine liner pen - fiddly but relaxing - arranged them across the page and added my Tim Holtz paper doll. She has some  Stabilo all blue pencil just to make her stand out.

When we in Paris a few weeks ago Spring flowers were appearing everywhere and we spent quite a lot of time in one or two parks
 This little garden was up some steps that we decide to investigate one evening close to our hotel
 These two were from a little shortcut through the Jardins du Luxembourg....
...and this one from Parc Monsouris.
Finally - these beautiful white tulips in Parc de Belleville


I think you can see where my colour choices came from!!

I hope you will join us this time at TIOT - I really would love to see where you would like to be!

I would like to join Jo at Art Journal Journey too - where she has chosen Flora and Fauna as her theme!

Thanks for looking, Chris

16 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

Beautiful page and gorgeous photos! Hugs, Valerie

Helen said...

good to see some more Paris photos creeping into your posts! fab page!!

My name is Erika. said...

What a great tribute to Paris. The flowers are just gorgeous and I like how you added so many to your page! Hugs-Erika

Let's Art Journal said...

Such a fabulous choice of destination! Your Paris page is stunning with the wonderful colours, background and stamping and I love the gold highlights that you added too - amazing 😁. I enjoyed seeing your beautiful flower photos too ! hanks so much for joining us at AJJ again and wishing you a lovely week! J 😊 x

Rosie said...

A wonderful journal page and lovely photos

froebelsternchen said...

Such a fantastic page - so beautiful made and pretty floral photos of Paris ! WOW! And it fits AJJ so well! Thank you for joining us yet another time!
Hugs, Susi

Meggymay said...

A gorgeous page Chris, I love how you used the flowers to bring out the colours and the feeling of Springtime in Paris. Your photos look lovely as well.
Yvonne xx

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I knew when I saw you had a destinations post, it would be Paris. It's a lovely journal page, filled with sites of Paris and of course, flowers. I know how much you love our gardens and parks.

I enjoyed the lovely photos you shared, too, dear. They are great and yes, I see where you got your color for the journal page. So delighted you chose to share it with us at Art Journal Journey, too.

Lenie said...

What a beautiful, beautiful page!You gave it a wonderful springfeeling.

Joan said...

Beautiful piece Chris and lovely photos too. Sorry we didn't get to meet up at PortbSunlight, maybe next time


Joan

Eileen The Artful Crafter said...

Fabulous page, Chris. I love how you scattered flowers in front and all the pretty details you added. How could I guess you would choose Paris as your destination?

Mrs.B said...

A fabulous page Chris, gorgeous details and I love the scattered flowers.
Wonderful photos too.
Avril xx

Words and Pictures said...

Wow - your white and gold accents bring that Paris stamp to life so beautifully, and I love the gelli-punched flowers too - a lovely evocative page. Fabulous spring flowers from your most recent trip too, thanks for sharing those.
Alison x

Annie said...

A wonderful Spring in Paris page Chris and the most gorgeous flowers too

TFS and sending my best wishes
Annie xx

Little Artbee said...

Such a nice sight of Paris and a well done page. I like how you combined the girl and the buildings with the nice cut flowers, also the soft colors you have chosen. Perfect!
Dear Greetings
Sabine

chrissie said...

Terrific artowrk Chris and no suprise that you have chosen Paris as your destination. Love seeing your photographs when you visit.

Chrissie xx