Pearshaped

Pearshaped

Translate

Sunday 11 June 2017

No curls!

When I was growing up I would have loved to have curls like my brother had, but no, I had to wait until I was older for those - just when I was growing my hair and I wanted it straight! To be honest it wasn't so much curls as waves but the frustration of trying to straighten it still remains in my memory!
For the most of my childhood my hairstyle was like these two TH Paperdolls girls - straight and cut into a fringe(bangs, I think if you are in the USA)

I recently made card using kraft card - I had forgotten how much I love kraft card and paper so I grabbed some scraps of Pears Cyclopaedia paper(Thanks Jo for reminding me!)that had already had a good ink spraying! I ripped them into smaller pieces and stuck them onto a partially gessoed page before adding more gesso!I then - and here I really got so involved I can't remember half of how this came together, but some masking, stamping, inking, more stamping with my new Paper Artsy Everything Art stamps(EEA06), stencilling using crackle paste, stamping onto some of hubby's old teabags, more stamping using a favourite text stamp - I definitely wasn't thinking 'less is more'! 

I would like to enter at 

Moo Mania and More where the theme is 'Hair'

Art Journal Journey where the theme chosen by Rosie is Circles - there are several if you look!

Craft Stamper Challenge - Take it Make it - Anything Goes

Fashionable Stamping Challenge 124 - where Avril has chosen the theme of 'Make It Feminine'

I'm pleased to report a slight improvement of the BPV I have been experiencing - the exercises are really working! I have managed to leave some comments on blogs here and there - apologies if I haven't visited yet - we went away for a couple of days and I am definitely on catch up! 

Thanks for looking, Chris




14 comments:

chrissie said...

Pleased you are noticing improvement in your BPV and so good to have you showing us this fantastic page..I have a photograph of me and me friend looking very like the one on your project but I think we were dressed up for May Day at the time. My hair is wavy and it is curly on a damp day. Ok when it is short.

Love Chrissie xx

Valerie-Jael said...

Glad you are feeling better. I had the same hairdo as a kid, we were clones! Love the beautiful journal page you made. Have a good, new week, hugs, Valerie

sheila 77 said...

Yes, I recognise the hairdo, but I was always trying to get my straight hair curly. I think there was a hair-bow involved too.
I love your subtle colour scheme here and the two girls look sweet together.
I've never used craft paper, it looks an interesting background colour.

Helen said...

I hated my curly hair as a child, really wanted straight (not to mention blond) like my sister... years later of course I had it permed... and more recently still, highlighted blond (until recently when i've gone red!) - we are never happy!! I think your page looks fabulous.

Helen said...

oh, forgot - glad you're feeling better!

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I was delighted to read you are feeling at least moderately better. That's fabulous news.

I simply adore your little girls. Gives me ideas for how I can use mine. Yours are special because of the circles and the kraft paper. Seems these TH images work best with beiges and browns, that paper is a fabulous back drop.

I was born with curls. I only grew my hair long once, and when I did, the curls relaxed, much to my approval. Now I embrace the curls, which I keep short, and love it when people ask who gave me my perm. I always tell them "Mother Nature."

Brenda Brown said...

A wonderful vintage page with gorgeous girls and fabulous background. Glad you are improving Chris, get well soon xxx

Rosie said...

Wow, you have made a very beautiful vintage journal page.

Thank for for sharing at ART JOURNAL JOURNEY and we say also thanks for joining us for MOO MANIA AND MORE

Have a wonderful week

Rike said...

Your story about your hair is funny! I think everybody is not satisfied with his/her hair - if you have curls, you want it straighten, if you have straighten hair, you want curls (me too) - why is it so?
Your fantastic textured background and the little girls are wonderful!

froebelsternchen said...

I am smiling about your HAIR story--- nearly the same to me - lol.
Your girls go so well with this amazing background - I love what you have made on this page!Soecialle the colours are so beautiful together!
Thanks a lot for linking this wonderful piece to Art Journal Journey and to Moo Mania & More! You make such brilliant pages always! I am so happy to see your unique art linked to the challenges!
Happy new week to you!
oxo Susi

Anonymous said...

wonderful story!!!
fantasic the Journal!
Greetings Elke

craftytrog said...

Gorgeous page Chris! Xxx

Shirley said...

Love all the layers of this card.

Thank you for sharing with us at Fashionable Stamping Challenges.

Warm crafty hugs from Shirl x x x
ShirlsCards.

Yvonne Garner said...

I can so relate to your story! Love your journal page! Thank you for sharing with us at Fashionable Stamoing Challenge.