Pearshaped

Pearshaped

Translate

Saturday 17 June 2017

Bee happy!

Isn't it great to get new stamps? 
I bought Kay Carley's new set Paper Artsy(EKC08) last week when we met up with my brother and sister in law at the Stamp Magic craft show in Doncaster.
These stamps were a must for me - I love seeing the bees visit the foxgloves we have in our caravan garden.


The page had a little bit of green at the bottom so I added more using spritzed distress ink on an acrylic block.I made a sky the same way using blue ink! To complement the dots on the flowers I added some dotty circles from Lin Brown's ELB29 set
The foxgloves were stamped and coloured using inks and paints. I love the way there are different sizes of foxgloves in the set, just like there are in our garden. Just as in our own garden there are smaller plants growing around them! The quote is also a Paper Artsy one by Jo Firth-Young.

I am entering the challenge at
The Artistic Stamper - where the theme is Winged Things

and linking to 
Art Journal Journey for Rosie's  'Circles' theme

Thanks for looking at this scheduled post, Chris

14 comments:

froebelsternchen said...

Amazing stamps and a wonderful page Chris! I love the fabulous composition of all the motifs and the watercolour look! What a BEAUTIFUL page! I am happy to see it linked to Rosie's Circles theme over at Art Journal Journey!
Thank you very much for all your wonderful support to the theme again!
Happy Sunday Chris!
oxo Susi

Helen said...

they are beautiful stamps and I love this page!

sirkkis said...

Lovely page! Beautiful design design a d colours.
Have a happy weekend 🌸

Meggymay said...

Its a fabulous page Chris, those new stamps look lovely.
Yvonne xx

Rosie said...

Ooooh, this is a gorgeous page for the challenge. I love every detail on it.

Thank you for sharing at ART JOURNAL JOURNEY

Have a wonderful Sunday

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

These are gorgeous stamps. I especially like the foxgloves. You did such a great job of shading them, too. This is a beautiful entry.

sheila 77 said...

This is really lovely, Chris. I love the way the colours all blend together. I like the little bees.
Isn't it great when we grow foxgloves and the bees then love them, they go right inside and come out backwards, amusing to watch.

Rike said...

What an amazing artjournal page! I love the colors, the little bees and this wonderful foxgloves with their incredible dots! You continued the dots in the whole picture, and that is beautiful too!

Andrea said...

what a lovely page Chris. I do love the colours you have used and the stamps are ace...cute bees. The sentiment is perfect and I liked that you coloured that too..I keep missing the Doncaster show but hopefully will make it to the next one. have a lovely week ahead.crafty hugs Andrea x

Redanne said...

Your page is beautiful Chris, the foxgloves looks wonderful - they are fully out in our garden at the moment and they certainly are a big draw for the bees! Hugs, Anne xx

sarascloset said...

Beautiful page, Chris! This inspires me to get out in the garden and get to work! It's been terribly hot and humid here, and everything looks overgrown in the perennial garden, and nothing is doing well in the veggie garden. :(. But your page brightens my gardening outlook! Sending hugs!

rachel said...

this is stunning - I absolutely adore these new Kay Carley stamps and love what you have done with them - they'll be coming home to me soon I suspect!!! Not like I need any more stamps!!! Hugs rachel x

Words and Pictures said...

Such lovely foxgloves - though they do always remind me of the danger Jemima Puddleduck found herself in. Gorgeous garden page.
Alison x

Gemma Hynes said...

Lovely page, makes me wish I had a garden. Thank you for joining in the challenge on The Artistic Stampers blog.