Pearshaped

Pearshaped

Translate

Wednesday 28 June 2017

Romantic circles

While I had the pinks out the other day I used a page in my Hema journal that I bought in Paris! I can't believe how good this paper is for such a cheap product!
I scraped some gesso roughly over the page before adding some stamping with a couple of Carabelle studio background stamps.I also added some torn washi tape for my figures where I wanted them to stand.
 I also added some script stamping too and quite a few stencilled hearts using paint - I wasn't so happy with the stencilling so bump stencilled with ink.
I used a lid to make some light circles with ink.
Next I stamped the Visible Image sentiment and the watches onto tissue and adhered them with multi medium. 
The figures were added and I went over the lid circles with a pencil which I smudged a little bit. I realised that it looked a bit 'empty' so added some 'LOVE' from part of a JoFy quote.

I would like to enter at:- 

Art Journal Journey for Rosie's 'Circles' theme

Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge where the theme is 'Stencil It' 

Country View Challenge Blog 'Hearts' theme



18 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

Wonderful journal page, love the pink. Hugs, Valerie

Marjut said...

What a great background, such a nice color

Barb said...

A gorgeous page Chris and you've used some lovely stamps. Love the background. Barbxx

Annie said...

Love the colour and background, looks very romantic x

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Once again, I'm impressed with your pink page, even though pink and I are like frogs and you. Very impressive journal page, and the composition is simply perfect.

Andrea said...

What a beautiful journal page the images are stunning and I love that sentiment .the page has so much texture and depth a great piece of art thank you for sharing it with us. Have a great week ahead crafty hugs Andrea x

froebelsternchen said...

That's a fantastic page Chris! I love how the sepia fits the pink---gorgous!
Happy evening for you! Thank you for another wonderful page linked to Art Journal Journey !
♥♥♥
Susi

Helen said...

love this page! Nothing wrong with pinks when you use it like this.

Rike said...

It is such a nice journal page with this pink and all the other details!

Meggymay said...

Its a great background Chris. Super images and quote.
Yvonne xx

Joe Arch said...

Wonderful! I really like the use of washi tape for the grounding of the couple - fantastic idea.
Sandy xx

My name is Erika. said...

What a distressed romantic page! Beautiful Chris.

chrissie said...

Always good to craft on nice paper and this page is terrific Chris

Love Chrissie XX

Let's Art Journal said...

Lovely romantic page and the sentiment is wonderful and really speaks to me 😀. Your couple look so charming and I love her dress. Enjoy your week! J 😊

Jane said...

Another fab pink page Chris the paper looks great. I love your figures standing on the tape with such a loving background. Thanks for joining us again at CVC. Hugs xx

rachel said...

this is beautiful Chris - the pink is so pretty - gorgeous background and I adore that image xx

Emma Williams said...

Gorgeous background and great stencil work! Thank you so much for sharing and for playing along with us over on the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog... x

Corrie Herriman said...

This is beautiful ! Thank you for joining us over at Country View Challenges !
Corrie x