Pearshaped

Pearshaped

Translate

Sunday 25 June 2017

I like pink!!!

I was just walking out of the supermarket yesterday when I spotted a leaflet with a beautiful Peony on it - I don't know why but it made me think of Paris…come to think of it …it doesn't take much to make me think of Paris!!!
After lunch I set to on a journal page that I had dried off a stencil with..
I rubbed on some silver paint using some small masks (PA Emma Godfrey (PM006)  
I added some crackle paste using a Dina Wakley mask which I smudged over with a touch of Treasure Gold!
The peony was cut from the leaflet and stuck on the corner


I used Lynne Perella's hearts from LPC030 and an Eiffel Tower (that I have had for ages and no idea where from!)to stamp onto tissue paper that I painted before adding using multi medium paste.I also stamped some text and a tiny flower using a Carabelle Studio set by Azoline
The words are by Visible Image Stamps that I stamped onto white and pink tissue and overlaid the pink Memories. 

I would like to enter -
Country View Challenges 'Hearts' challenge

Penny Black and More - Anything Goes
and 

Mixed Media Monthly - Year of choices I have chosen No 36 Put a Stamp On It with my tissue stamped additions and my background text and flowers.

Thanks for looking, Chris

19 comments:

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

You know I'm not a pink fan, but I could learn to like it after seeing this wonderful journal entry. You always find such joy in making art that revolves around flowers, and this one with the gold tone made it even more special. It's a great tribute to the lovely peony.

Valerie-Jael said...

Gorgeous piece, and I love pink and silver, so just gorgeous. Off to bed now, so wish you a good night. Hugs, Valerie

Meggymay said...

Gorgeous and feminine page , pink and silver is a beautiful colour combination.
Yvonne xx

Helen said...

I love this page! beautiful peony picture too.

Margik said...

Wonderful page Chris. Such fantastic textures and I love the beautiful Peony! Mar xx

kathyinozarks said...

I Love your journal page with the textures and that beautiful peony-very nice page.

chrissie said...

This is very beautiful Chris and if the sight of pink can inspire you make something this stunning then go for oink I say.

Love Chrissie xx

froebelsternchen said...

Such a beautoful paged! Adorable Chris!

Redanne said...

The large heart is gorgeous on your page and that peony is stunning!! A beautiful page Chris! Hugs, Anne xx

Daniela said...

Great design and beautiful page! Thanks for joining us at Penny Black & More and good luck!
x Daniela (DT)

Corrie Herriman said...

Thank you for your fabulous entry into our Challenge over at Country View Challenges this month !
Corrie xx

Anonymous said...

wonderful this page... so nice!!!!
greetings Elke

Annie said...

Hi, I also have fond memories of Paris and like the colour Pink. Love what you've done, looks beautiful :-)

Sandy said...

This is so pretty Chris! Bravo!!!
Sandy xx

Words and Pictures said...

Mmmmm... crackled stencilling - and that peony is stunning! I saw some for sale in a florists today and was very tempted, but they'd've suffered on the subway ride home I think.
Alison x

Brenda Brown said...

Love that fabulous background with the touof gold over the crackle, you used it brilliantly to add that gorgeous peony. Xxx

brenda said...

Such a very pretty creation, many thanks for joining us at Penny Black and More June challenge.

B x

Lynne Forsythe said...

FABULOUS journal page! just love your use of color and stenciling! THANKS BUNCHES for playing along with The Mixed Media Monthly Challenge!

Jane said...

O wow Chris this is really scrummy. A gorgeous page. Thanks so much for joining our hearts challenge over at CVC. Hugs xxx