This is my first art journal page in June, finished this morning!
I used DI and OI inks, then added some stamping using AALL and create, PA Elenazinskiart(ZA05) stamps and some doodling for the background. PA Jofy stems(Jofy 45) and Tracy Evans's AALL and create bird.
I added more Wilted Violets ink around the edges. The words are a combination of a freebie(I think)-'wonderful' and Artistic stamper 'LIFE'
I would like to enter at The Artistic Stamper where the theme is Winged Things
Craft Stamper 'Take It, MakeIt - Anything Goes challenge for June
Simon Says Monday Challenge where the theme is We're Going Round in Circles
Of course I wouldn't miss Rosie's theme this month at Art Journal Journey where she has chosen Circles for her theme
Now for the second which of course is a Second look on the 2nd where I am joining Bleubeard and Elizabeth
- this is from June 2014
When I had a playdate with my friend last week I realised that I had a Lavinia stamp that although I had had it for quite some time, I hadn't actually shown it to the ink pad!
The theme this time is 'add some beads or gems) - my original idea was to use acetate for the leaves to give a night time look but I wasn't happy with the way the acetate kept curling (should have used sturdier acetate)So, out with the Spring Greenery TH die.
I cut the tag with my new TH labels die out of some of the corrugated card I rescued the other week, stuck on some tiny scraps of napkin tissue with a music print then painted with Inktense blocks(can I add here - of creamy loveliness?!)to give a mossy tree look. I tore out a hole for the door to sit behind to give the impression of a hollow tree with a door for my fairy to go home to - and there she is - flying back after her evening visits - she is just becoming visible again after doing her magic without being seen ( the acetate for her was fine - stamped with Dove Grey Stazon Ink)
I stamped out some extra images so that I could cut out branches to go around the door and added gems to make leaves. I then added extra pebbles to make the path to the door.
Now, the tree leaves, this was almost a "Disarster Dahling" (Strictly fans will recognise this phrase!!) - I added glue to the leaves and decided to sprinkle some of these…….
…..I have never, ever, seen beads spread so far and be so hard to get back again, despite using a large piece of folded card underneath!! (Static huh!)This is why some of the leaves have glitter on instead!! They were cheap enough, Nail Art, from B and M bargains I think, and I'm still finding them in very odd places!!
————————————————————————————————Finally the Fifth month May, completed in my Calendar journal….
….and the 6th month, June ready to fill in
Yesterday we went to the Yorkshire Sculpture Park with my son and grandchildren so…there will be photos!
Thanks for looking, Chris