Pearshaped

Pearshaped

Translate

Thursday 19 May 2011

HAPPY DAYS AND HAPPY DAZE

I'm off for a couple of days away with my eldest son, so hopefully happy days! Another real happy day was Saturday at Port Sunlight Stamper Show, where, YIPPEE!, Happy Daze had a stand - with piles of Stampotique stamps and walls(small walls) of Paperbag Studios stamps dislayed. Not only that..... THE Jo Capper-Sandon was demoing - Happy Days or what? Of course I bought as much as I dared - the big bill last week still to be paid! I also did something I don't normally do at Port Sunlight....I nipped across the road, but only to see lovely Lindsay Mason, who, as usual, was creating masterpieces, using her stamps and drawing. I've had a go at drawing a fence but still a lot of practice required!
Since then I've been doing a bit of journaling and made a couple of quick cards for birthdays this week.
 This for my nephew, using a magnolia stamp and my favourite Garden stamp by Galerie Vernissage for Inkadinkado, coloured with Promarkers, I used a Woodware punch to make a border.
This card was made by  using Faded Jeans And Weathered Wood Distress Stains onto white card , Penny Black flower stamp coloured with Promarkers, Hobby Art butterfly coloured with Sakura pens, matted onto white then Crafty Individuals paper.
Both really quick and thin enough to go through the post!
Well,time I was off! Back soon with something that took me right out of my comfort zone!
Thanks for looking, Chris.

2 comments:

Joanne said...

Enjoy your break Chris. BTW, love the cards. Bit of a professional now eh?
Hugs Joanne xx

Gez Butterworth said...

Beautiful cards :)