Pearshaped

Pearshaped

Translate

Tuesday 3 May 2011

so not organised!!

There was I, April pages finished, May pages ready, photos taken, and then what happened? (see previous post)I have had a call and garageman he say - your clutch has gone missus. So, having been really careful with money last month because I have plans to go to Port Sunlight stampers show, I now need even more money than I probably saved to pay for said clutch.....darn!!!!
So here are my May pages ready
 I used one of my favourite stamps from Stampendous along with some stencilled flowers and a Craft Stamper freebie and basically should have stopped stamping long before I did so I'm not especially happy with this, although I do like the colours. Journal spots were done by stamping onto my craft mat with distress inks and smooshing and spritzing, very therapeutic!
Here are my finished April pages, as you can see I've been quite busy, no wonder April went so quickly!!   
Thanks to Kate at http://thekathrynwheel.blogspot.com/ for 
the motivation to keep a 'diary', my boys are most impressed 
that I've kept up with this and I hope they and my 
grandchildren will enjoy reading them someday.
                         
Thanks for looking, I didn't do so well getting to look many others last month so hope to make up for it this time, Chrisx

14 comments:

Nicky Stevenson said...

I love that term 'smooshing' and I love your colour scheme. They are both great but I think April is my fave.

thekathrynwheel said...

I think your May pages look great. I thought my pages were purple but everyone says they are pink. Yours are a much better purple than mine! Yes, it looks like you were v busy in April - isn't it interesting to look back over the month? Well done for keeping up so far - only 8 months to go LoL!

flutterbycrafter said...

What lovely colours you've used. One of the reasons I'm doing the challenge is for my grandchildren to read in the future, which I think is a great idea.

aprilmariecole.blogspot.com said...

This is very sweet, real like the pastel colors! :]

Luna Art said...

Love your colours and flowers for May, it really is a striking page x

sandra de said...

Love the colours you have chosen and smooching is a great art term I will have to borrow.

Crafting Queen said...

Such lovely pages, love the soft colours!

ally said...

loving the colours that you have used.

Lynette (NZ) said...

I am so loving those colours too :-)

patcrafts said...

April does look like a busy month. Love the colour and flowers for May.

Sarah Anderson said...

I'm impressed too, especially as I've been failing miserably with my calendar pages! Love the colours ... sorry to hear about your car though xx

chrisg said...

LOl Chris - i saw your blog name and though "oh that could be me" and then i see you are also called Chris! Twins perhaps LOL - but I digress.
I love the fresh vibrant colour of your May page and those big flowers are just perfect. Bad news about the clutch :( - hope something works out for you & that you you manage to get to PS.

chrisg said...

Hi Chris - I did try and leave a msg this am but blogger was on the blink :(
Unfortunately I wont be at PS - grandchildren this w/e - And i see you are in MAnchester! Whooo - I'm near the City of Manchester Stadium and yes Hubby is Tony - I also used to work in education (school sec) but have been out of it for 8 years or so now. Are you sure we weren't seperated at birth LOL - too many coincidences LOL

Siobhan Brignull said...

wow I love may, the colour is fab and April is superb too :)