Pearshaped

Pearshaped

Translate

Friday 1 December 2023

Above Us Only Sky

Hi everyone, it's December and our new host at Art Journal Journey is Wendy of 'Wendy's Art And Craft Journal' blog.

Wendy came up with a wonderful theme for Winter - 'Above Us Only Sky' - we do get such varying skies during Winter but that doesn't mean you have to be thinking about Winter, think of all those glorious sunny days we had this year (OK, we had a lot of rainy, grey ones too with their own beauty)

I have always wanted to see the Northern Lights, maybe I still will one day, who knows?

My page started with sprinkles and spritzes using Brushos.

I added my favourite Christmas tree stamp - an old Artemio one.


I finished it off with a Tim Holtz word and some Nuvo Glitter Drops along the bottom.

We would love to see you at AJJ during this busy month, I'm looking forward to seeing your skies in all their stages.

There are some rules to be followed at AJJ but they are quite simple - please take a look here!

Thanks for looking, Chris


13 comments:

Gillena Cox said...

Lovely set of Christmas trees
Happy December to you

Much♡love

Rostrose said...

Dear Chris, what a wonderful idea to implement the sky theme with northern lights - and your picture turned out so pretty!
By the way, I also hope to be able to see the Northern Lights one day. (Apparently there were some visible over Vienna and the surrounding area a few weeks ago, but I didn't see any of them...)
All the best and have a good weekend, Traude
🥁🧸🍸🕯️☕🧸🍸☕🕯️🧸🥁
https://rostrose.blogspot.com/2023/11/govt-mule-kindergeburtstag-und.html

My name is Erika. said...

I love how you went with the northern lights. I saw them once many years ago, but I would love to see them again. When they are around my area, we have too many trees to capture them. Anyhow, beautiful page, and I love that sky. hugs-Erika

WendyK said...

Fabulous Chris, love how you did the Northern lights, great idea, I have done one in pastel for my theme, and did see them when I lived in the Highlands. Hugs Wendy.

Valerie-Jael said...

Gorgeous page, love the colours! Happy Weekend! Hugs!

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

Oh yes just like the Aurora Borealis so magical, looks fabulous with that grand tree stamp.. I can see why it's a favourite.
Beautiful theme of Wendys. Happy creative weekend Hugs TRacey xx

CJ Kennedy said...

So pretty. Some areas around me were supposed to be able to see the Aurora tonight, but it's going to rain!

Empire of the Cat said...

Love this Chris, the colours of your sky are just beautiful, and I love that tree stamp - what a great stamp! Happy December!

Rita said...

Very pretty and a lovely, colorful sky! :)

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

What a lovely first entry for Wendy's theme. I would love to see the northern lights someday. You created a beautiful entry,. dear Chris. Sorry we got our times mixed up.

rose AKA Walk in the Woods - she/her said...

Charming journal page... and I thank you for inspiring the memory of the one, unique time we witnessed the northern lights from your backyard. Special. Like your journal entry.

Pauline C said...

Gorgeous - the silhouette trees work so fantastically well against your colourful inked sky.
Pauline xx

craftytrog said...

A beautiful page Chris. That Artemio tree is a favourite of mine too, and the colours are gorgeous.
Alison