Pearshaped

Pearshaped

Translate

Tuesday 19 December 2023

T Stands For.........Trying to keep it together!

Hi everyone, I really am trying to keep it together but after a succession of events it's not so easy! 

Our washing machine broke down a couple of weeks ago, okay made an appointment, only had to wait a week and it is now fixed. Meanwhile while waiting for that to take place the Nespreso machine needed descaling...did that, now it won't start, rang someone who told me what to do, nope! Okay we'll take it to the shop next time we go that way next Tuesday - we can use filter jug! Except that - we can't go that way now...or anywhere else,  our car died last Saturday...dead, totally! The AA came out charged it for 15 minutes and told hubby give it a long run! He got a quarter of a mile then got an error message so came back home! 

Rang the service dept of our garage - they can fix it on 8th January and that's only because we have a service booked for that day -  we will have to arrange a transporter to take the car!

Then there's our family party, I offered to host this and we had a date in mind, now someone has to work on that date - still to be re-arranged!!! A meal out with friends has had to be cancelled too as we were going to pick them up from two different houses. 

Then I sit back and think, at the moment we are reasonably healthy, we haven't got to move out of our home because of flood, structure problems or war. We can afford to heat our apartment, we have food in the cupboard/fridge, we have a computer so we have managed to get a delivery slot and a local small supermarket that we can walk to and we can choose what we want. 

We may be on our own on Christmas Day and that's fine too, hopefully family will call in at some time over the holiday time.

My three grown up children are taking me out tonight - we will have time to chat, something we don't do together when we have family gatherings.

All is good! 

Now, ramble over......continuing with our Journey to France last September!

After we visited the Rock shop we headed to Beynac castle - connections here with Eleanor of Aquitaine and her son Richard 1.

First we saw the beautiful view over the valley.






Crossbows on a ceiling hook
Sword slots in the dining table



Tea anyone?

I loved seeing this





The views from the castle were amazing...







...even more so when we saw these coming up towards the castle.









Noisy crows overhead!
As we were leaving a lady came along with some jangling keys, she was going to lock everything up - the keys were huge...and heavy!! She kindly held them up for us to take a photo
One final look back at Chateau Beynac
It is one of the most interesting castles we have visited....although with the Eleanor of Aquitaine connections you do realise I am slightly biased!

We were treated to an amazing sunset on the way back and then there was this when we got back.
The moon was rising above the Manoir.

For my ticket to tea this week I have a coffee that was served to me on Saturday while out with friends.
My friends had a swirly pattern on theirs.
Just right for joining Bleubeard and Elizabeth for T Stands For Tuesday at The  Altered Book Lover blog and for wishing everyone the very best  for this  Christmas time!

Thanks for looking, Chris










  










12 comments:

My name is Erika. said...

It's always something, isn't it? Of course it sounds like you have a lot of things going on, but I am happy to read you have a good attitude. It isn't always easy when so many things happen at once. And that castle is beautiful. You must have loved the connection to Eleanor of Antiquaine (spelling?) because, if I remember correctly, you are fascinated by her. I love imaging all the color, smells and noises a castle had when it was full of people. Have a lovely T day Chris-or what is left of it. hugs-Erika

jinxxxygirl said...

A snowman on your coffee.. how perfect!!! When it rains it pours.. my goodness Chris.. i'm glad you were able to see the bright side.. i'm glad there WAS a bright side...lol Hang in there.. I loved seeing the castle and the countryside.. thank you for that.. I loved the slots in the table for the swords.. and the architecture is just beautiful.. Happy T day! Hugs! deb

CJ Kennedy said...

Oh, my! When it rains, it pours. Hopefully, you got your run of bad luck over with and can begin fresh for the New Year. The castle is amazing. I'm loving the light and shadow created by the windows. Hildegard von Bingen is a rock star. The snowman in your coffee is very cute. Happy T Day

Divers and Sundry said...

When it rains it pours they say, and it has surely been pouring on you :( You're right though, that we can find things to be grateful for even in the midst of trouble. I hope your car gets repaired without too much expense and trouble and that you get to see family over the holidays. The gathering with your kids sounds delightful :) Happy T Tuesday

Rita said...

Why does everything seem to pile on and happen at once?!
The castle is fascinating. I've never seen slots for swords at the table! Quite practical, I would imagine, at the time.
I hope all works out with the car and you have a very happy holiday at home. :)

Valerie-Jael said...

Love the photos, castles and balloons, so lovely. Sorry you are having problems with all of your gadgets and car and even the coffee machine, that would be my nightmare. Hope things get back to normal soon! Happy T Day, merry Christmas, hugs, Valerie

Helen said...

It sounds like one thing after another, but glad you were able to spin a positive tale, you have each other and your health. I hope the car gets fixed soon and you can get back on track with your plans! Happy Christmas!!

Carola Bartz said...

Sometimes many things happen at the same time and you wonder why it is that way. But I like how you found your own perspective and saw that all was good - I think we often forget how comfortable we actually are. Yours was a great reminder - thank you. Happy T day!

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Even with all the negative things going on in your life, you have found a way to think positive thoughts. That shows your resilience. I hope all your troubles are taken care of soon, dear.

I loved seeing photos of the castle of Richard the Lionheart. I remember reading about him when I created the Kings and Queens altered book. How amazing those balloons were arriving there just when you were. How fortuitous. Of course, I love the architecture and the various rooms you showed us, too.

What a great way to end T Tuesday. A snowman in the coffee. Very cute and clever. Thanks for sharing the castle and your snowman coffee with us for T this Tuesday, dear Chris.



peppylady (Dora) said...

I like the snowman.

Elkes Lebensglück said...

I love your photos and so interesting!!!

Happy Christmas, hug Elke

Let's Art Journal said...

Just stopped by to wish you and yours a very Happy New Year! All the best for 2024, may it be full of peace, good health and happiness ❤️. Hugs, Jo x