Pearshaped

Pearshaped

Translate

Tuesday 12 December 2023

T Stands For....The rock shop...

Hi everyone, not much more of our French trip left now. 

First a look at what I have been doing today - hubby took out for my birthday to one of my favourite places Clink at Styal. It is a restaurant that gives prisoners a chance to gain qualifications in catering and the restaurant at Styal is in a beautiful old chapel. 

I took my tiny journal with me and made quick page with washitape while waiting for our food!

I had to be careful not to get anyone else in the photo.

We both had Turkey and veg


The best surprise was my Black Forest Trifle

I was also presented with a Clink cook book with some lovely recipes in which I read while this (from YouTube) was on my TV screen when we got back from visiting friends after our lunch.

We don't have a fire here so it was lovely to have this fire crackling quietly while I read.

I am joining Bleubeard and Elizabeth at the Altered Book Lover for T Stands for Tuesday. We both had Tonic water and shared a jug of water to drink. 

While in France staying with my son we had a day out to beautiful Sarlat (link here)




 

After lunch we went to a Rock shop, I have never seen so many in one place






Some rocks were sold by weight - others had been priced individually.
It was a fascinating place but we were headed some where else....more next time!

Thanks for looking, Chris
 

ps Blogger has given me a hard time today  - uploading photos, then hiding my post - what is going on? 

10 comments:

jinxxxygirl said...

There you are Chris!! So lovely taking a trip to France with you.. The Rock Shop looks so interesting.. I did visit one in Arkansas when we were there.. and a small sampling of them in Fredricksburg TX .. Your shop looks quite extensive.. Good thing they are all so expensive or i would come home with too many...lol Happy T day! Oh~ And Happy Belated Birthday!! Hugs! deb

Mae Travels said...

What an interesting idea for a restaurant! Looks like a nice place to celebrate -- Happy Birthday.

best, mae at maefood.blogspot.com

Rita said...

A very unique restaurant and the rock shop, too! Wow!
Happy birthday, Chris! :)

My name is Erika. said...

I'll go backwards. That is a huge rock shop. I've seen big rock shops but nothing like this. I think that is even petrified wood. And Sarlat is very lovely. I love the decorated windowsills with the ducks. And your birthday lunch looks delicious. I've been to a restaurant once that is staffed by prisoners, and your food looks delicious as I remember my meal being that time out time. I hope you had a super birthday and T day. hugs-Erika

kathyinozarks said...

Wow thanks for sharing the rock shop and I always enjoy your travel photos-Merry Christmas

CJ Kennedy said...

Your birthday lunch sounded wonderful. I love the way Happy Birthday was written on your plate. It would be fun to poke among the rocks, geodes, and crystals. Hard to pick just one. Happy T Day

Valerie-Jael said...

Gorgeous Post! Just saying hello, still in the grip of COVID! hugs, Valerie

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I was sure I left a comment last night, but my mind is a bit fuzzy from the medication I got in the hospital. I hope you got my e-mail wishing you a happy birthday.

There used to be a rock shop in Wichita, but they went out of business. It was a big shop, but nothing like the one you went to. They didn't have the taller than human sized ones you saw. I'm sure it was fascinating. I picked up a couple of pink crystals when I went to mine.

Sarlat is beautiful. I LOVE the architecture. I'd love to see the vaulted cellars I read about in the link.

What a great restaurant and a worthy cause. I read their story and it is remarkable. The food and trifle look superb. I am in love with that cat washi tape. Just beautiful. Thanks for sharing your birthday lunch and drinks, as well as your trip to Sarlat and the rock shop with us for T this Tuesday, dear Chris.

Elkes Lebensglück said...

Happy birthday, Chris!
i love the photos from lunch and a great journal page!
Hug Elke

Rostrose said...

Dear Chris, happy birthday - that sounds like a wonderful birthday meal in a special restaurant. The “TV oven crackling” while you looked at your recipe book was also very nice :-)
Ah, France! These wonderful houses made of ancient stones. There were really a lot of “glitter rocks” on offer in the store. I like them a lot, but I wouldn't buy one for myself.
All the best and a nice pre-Christmas season, Traude
☕🧸🍷🕯️☃️🕯️
https://rostrose.blogspot.com/2023/12/weihnachtliche-lichter-klimts.html