Pearshaped

Pearshaped

Translate

Tuesday 12 December 2023

Santa's Coming!

 I'm sure he will! Our new (and last for this year) theme at Try It On Tuesday is 'Santa Claus Is Coming To Town' 

You'll guess that as soon as you see the samples made by the Design Team!

I wanted to show Santa flying across the sky in his sleigh but it took me three attempts and a replacement stamp before I got this far!

I used tape to create spaces for my paint to go in, creating a lighter bottom, similar to the glow we get over Manchester - it never really gets dark in the city. I spattered silver paint over the page (probably too many for the city) The words are made on my PrintShop programme. 

I used the building stamp one and a half time and Santa's reindeers were extended too.

I put a tree on the sill to show that we are looking out of the window.

Want to know about my disasters? 

First time I was using a small acrylic block for the tree (final touch...huh!) the ink pad was too big and I got green stripes on one of the panes!

Second time - next day - I couldn't find the Santa stamp I had used (it has totally disappeared!) fortunately found another in my box! OK, fine carry on...and then rip the tape off only to rip off part of the pane!

Third time...lucky yes? A tiny blob of paint seeped under the tape so I have had to paint the window frame - not a big job but not intended but decided that was enough!

Now I wasn't happy with the tree....so here is my final page - I stamped and cut out a tree..added some glittery lights and a very glittery star.


  Are you ready for Christmas or are you like me, still a lot to do?

Our tree went up yesterday as I like to come home after my Birthday outing, (today, a meal at a special place) to Christmas lights.

I hope you will find some time to join us here at TIOT

Look out for our Spotlight post too with some more of our favourites from this year 

We'll be back in the New year with our next challenge.

Thanks for looking, Chris

I am also joining in at Art Journal Journey and Wendy's 'Above Us Only Sky' theme





7 comments:

My name is Erika. said...

Happy birthday Chris. I hope you have a great day. I love how you squeezed in a sky view with this TIOT challenge too.It's perfect for AJJ. (And TIOT too!) The window is a fantastic idea. Enjoy your celebration! hugs-Erika

Rita said...

Well, that is definitely worth all the time and effort. Looks fantastic!
The 12th? That is the day after my sister's birthday. Have a very happy birthday! :)

Helen said...

I'd have torn it out and given up... well done. Happy Birthday, have just read the next post so seen where you went. Lovely!!

Meggymay said...

Hope you had a lovely Birthday Chris. This is a fantastic page and I love the Santa and sleigh image.
Yvonne

Mrs.B said...

I love this page Chris, reminds me of looking for Santa with my own children. Well done for persevering, it's a fabulous take on the theme. (I'm even later than you with my comments).
Avril xx

Let's Art Journal said...

Wow, this is such a beautiful page! Loving the window that you created with tape and how you captured Santa riding across the nights sky - perfect 😊. Sorry I haven't been around, we've been visiting family and went to Prague for a few days, it was very Christmasy and we had an amazing time. Wishing you joy and happiness this holiday season, Merry Christmas! Hugs, Jo x

WendyK said...

Great page and idea Chris, fits really well with my theme on AJJ Hugs Wendy.