Pearshaped

Pearshaped

Translate

Tuesday 5 December 2023

T Stands for....Terrasonne-Lavilledieu

Hi everyone, last week came news that Version Scrap in Paris will be no more! You know how I love this show and will miss it! We made the decision not to go to see the Christmas lights in Paris (a combination of knowing about the bedbug infestation on the Metro and the fact that we have been given the chance to extend our leasehold agreement!)

I'm sure we will go back to Paris next year but now we can choose the time it may be later in the year!

Now, back to our stay near Hautefort.

Last year we went to visit Brive and on the way back had a drink stop at Terrasonne - there wasn't time to visit the church or the Jardins Imaginaire so this year we went there for a day out on our own.

It is a beautiful little town with several water features around the town. On the day we went eating places were few and far between. The one we settled on didn't have a great choice and I made a bad one but hey ho!!! 

Hubby's Goats cheese salad was far more appetising than my Guinea Fowl and potatoes.  As you can see we drank water and this I hope will be our entry to T Stands For Tuesday at Bleubeard and Elizabeth's blog The Altered Book Lover. 











One of the houses looks as though it fell into the river!


There were steep steps to the top of the hill but we stopped occasionally to take in the view





Saint Sour abbey church has a beautiful fountain outside








....hmmmm, I became a bit obsessed with the way the water looked in the sunlight!
Inside the church was a delight....







I became fascinated by the light on the chandeliers too!

From here we tried to follow signs to the Gardens of Imagination but they weren't consistent and it took us a while to find them





It was a great opportunity to see more of the town though

The gardens were fascinating - lots of water features








There was an exhibition  of dyed fabrics in the Greenhouse


We enjoyed our visit but when I got back to our car I found I had an insect bite on my leg.........

......two days later - don't look if you are squeamish...

Both legs had been bitten in many places!!! So painful too! Hubby? NONE!

Thanks for looking, Chris



13 comments:

DVArtist said...

Such a beautiful trip, except for the bites. They don't look good. Hope they heal up soon.

Divers and Sundry said...

A virtual vacation. Thanks! I needed that. I enjoyed each moment :) Happy T Tuesday

Mae Travels said...

Lovely photos! I hope your bites heal quickly and completely.
best, mae at maefood.blogspot.com

kathyinozarks said...

Hi Chris, it is really so special that you and your husband are able to travel and enjoy doing fun things. So sorry about the bites-horrible to have to deal with.
Happy T
Kathy

My name is Erika. said...

I feel like I'm getting a tour of Europe from my couch this morning with some of these T day posts this week. This looks like a lovely place, except those bug bites. That could not have been fun. And I'm with you about your husband's salad. It does look good. Sorry to hear you aren't heading back to Paris for the lights, but as you said there is 2024. And it's not so far away. I am a bit late commenting as I ended up with a busy day yesterday, but I hope it was a great T day. hugs-Erika

Empire of the Cat said...

That's so sad about Version Scrap, did they give a reason? Lots of biz/events have struggled after Covid/world economy etc. Lovely photos, beautiful place. Not so the news about the bedbugs on the metro - ugh! And your poor legs! Do you know what bit you? Happy T Day! Elle xx

Rita said...

Ouch! The bites look sore!
Speaking of--bedbugs alone would keep me away from Paris--lol!
Lovely water features! :)

Anupama K. Mazumder said...

I was enjoying series of lovely pictures, until they ended in painful insect bites. Also, I look forward to snaps from your next trip.

https://www.volatilespirits.com/

CJ Kennedy said...

Charming town, but no people? Lovely fountains and church. The views, just spectacular! Sorry about the bug bites. Hope they healed quickly. Happy T Day

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Thanks for visiting for T this week. I am sorry to be late visiting, but I have just been released from the hospital where I have been since Monday night. Before you ask, I DO NOT have Covid. I will be back tomorrow to visit each person who dropped by this week.

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I promised to be back and, even though I'm a bit later than I expected, I loved the tour of the church, the water features, the chandelier (grin), the Gardens of Imagination, and that mural!!!!

The greenhouse was fascinating and how the glass overhead can expant and retract without breaking. and of course, I loved seeing he amazing dyed fabrics. Right up my alley.

Your drink photo made me hungry. I agree that T's salad looks better than your fowl.

Thanks for these amazing photos you shared with us for T this Tuesday, dear Chris.

Elkes Lebensglück said...

beautiful trip-wonderful photos and better betbug!
Have a good 2.Advent!
hug Elke

Violetta said...

Sorry for your leg... hope it is better now. Wonderful place- where is it, seems to be in France.
All the best and have a good time
Violetta