Pearshaped

Pearshaped

Translate

Wednesday 31 July 2019

A final thought on what we 're all going to need to do!

Hello everyone, I have one final page for Art Journal Journey and my 'We're all going' theme! 

You may remember I started back on the 1st July by going to the zoo, where much conservation work is done in preventing animals from becoming extinct.

My page today is about the plants,insects and animals we see every day.


I made a background using paint then used a variety of stamps and stencils from some of my favourite stamp companies
I tried to find some appropriate words but nothing I found seemed to say what I wanted it to!

Having been through a few days of downpours and local floods - there have been two roads closed nearby - and hearing on the news that the highest temperature records set have all been since 2002 and that we are likely to have wetter Summers in the future - my page is saying that we're all going to look after our Earth if we want to see these creatures survive.

I would like to thank every one of you who took part this month, despite the high temperatures! Your entries and your supportive comments mean the World to me!

Looking forward to seeing August's host with the next theme in the morning!

Thanks for looking, Chris

12 comments:

My name is Erika. said...

I love this page Chris. That blue is gorgeous and you used some fantastic images. Thanks so much for a fun challenge. I really enjoyed playing along. hugs-Erika

froebelsternchen said...

I love this final page for your amazing month dear Chris. Such a beauty and such a fabulous blue..wow! Thank you from the bottom of my heart for all you do for AJJ!
You are afantastig artist and friend !♥️♥️♥️

froebelsternchen said...

❤❤❤

Helen said...

love your final page

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I love your bunny, Chris. You have created a wonderful page with flowers, bees, butterflies, and that adorable bunny. Your message really speaks to me because I work hard to conserve, even though I really MUST use my AC.

Thanks for being such a great host this month, for sharing your talents. We are truly grateful for your contributions.

Gibby Frogett said...

Sorry to hear you are in the area thats been flooding Chris - hope all ok with you. These are certainly worrying times with the weird weather and decline of birds, insects etc etc... I have noticed over the last few years not so many insects. ladybirds or spiders...more than plenty of ants though.
Our garden this year is quite overgrown in places and has attracted more birds than usual and ones that are staying nearby .. but thats probably for the food and water.
So.... I of course love your page and meaning... we all need to do our part to look after the earth :)
Gill xx

Anne (cornucopia) said...

Beautiful art journal page. There are many things we need to do, to improve our environment, but sadly, a lot of people where I live (Northeast US) don't care: I see litter on the sides of roads everywhere, including at the reservoir, which is our drinking water supply! I don't know what has happened to people here, but I only see it getting worse, not better.

Rita said...

Totally agree. Lovely page. :)

craftytrog said...

Such a lovely nature page Chris! xxx

Caty said...

Your Art journal page is Amazing Chris !! I loooove it, love these so beautiful creatures, and the lovely background you have created, and yes, You´re right , we may look after our Earth, for all, people, animals and plants, living in. I hope that governments take appropriate measures to preserve it.
Thanks sooooo muchhh for your Wonderful Atc and goodies Chris!! Amazing all !
I wish you a very nice Friday, and send big hugs,
Caty

Meggymay said...

A fabulous journal page Chris, the rabbit looks so cute. It was a super theme you chose, sorry I didn't get to join you as much as I wanted these past weeks.
YVonne xx

Neet said...

I am in love - with this journal page. Love the hare and love the background. Fab page!
Hugs, Net xx