Pearshaped

Pearshaped

Translate

Friday 12 July 2019

Going into a garden....

I know it's a bit late to be showing you my calendar journal but it is another spread for my 'We're all/ going' theme at Art Journal Journey!
I used some stencils and tiny flower stamps as well as images from designer papers and books. The background was made by smudging paint over the page and adding random stencilling and stamping plus some spatters!
 I have been keeping a record of my month so far and will be filling in the squares this weekend, as the wanderlust has kicked in again and having spent 4 nights at home we are on our way to our caravan today...I think we've rather got used to moving on after a few days, except for the 7 days we spent with my (ex)SIL!
If you want to take a look at what might be coming up photographwise there are some clues here...or will you wait???

Of course while we were away I kept my eye open for gardens and parks as well as spotting plants around the areas we were visiting(there are some coming up very soon)
Here are a few random ones

We saw lots of these trees around in the cities we visited - I have no idea what that are - I just called then camouflage trees!






Not strictly a garden but a lovely view from one of the many trains we travelled on!

Thanks for looking, Chris

9 comments:

Anne (cornucopia) said...

Beautiful calendar pages and great photos.

Rita said...

Love your photos of your trips.
Very pretty July calendar to fill in. Love the botanical stamps with the flowers. :)

craftytrog said...

Beautiful photos Chris, and your calendar is gorgeous!
Alison xxx

Helen said...

of course I tried to read the June pages.. but it's too small so I'll have to be patient!! love the pics you're sharing. hope the weather is good for you at the caravan.

Divers and Sundry said...

Is that Rose of Sharon? I used to see those all the time but haven't seen one in ages. I don't know what kind of tree that is with the peeling bark, but I love trees with interesting bark like this. And that's a wonderful way to introduce nature into the urban environment. Nice!

My name is Erika. said...

Fantastic calendars Chris. Yours are always very beautiful. And I love seeing all those blooms and gardens and trees in your photos. Flowers and gardens give a city space more than just beauty, don't they? Happy weekend Chris. hugs-Erika

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

You always put my calendar pages to shame, dear Chris. Your calendar is filled so much fuller than mine. It's fun to read it, too. thanks for sharing it using your theme at Art Journal Journey, too.

Your photos are impressive. I have Rose of Sharon, but I don't think mine have bloomed yet. You found some gorgeous photos to share with us today, dear.

froebelsternchen said...

These are beautiful calendar pages and great photos dear Chris!!!!!
Wow!
Happy Sunday and have a great start into the new week!
Susi xxx

Meggymay said...

It has been another catch up morning Chris. Fabulous calender/journal pages and beautiful photos from your holiday. I can really imagine the aroma from the cheese counter as well.
Yvonne xx