Pearshaped

Pearshaped

Translate

Thursday 25 July 2019

Having fun by the sea! (and in Lyon)

Please can we all go to the seaside! It's still hot here, and from what I have seen on the news, a lot hotter in some other places in the UK and around the World.
Won't it be lovely to paddle in the sea with a lovely sea breeze blowing!
Of course I am at home making another journal page for my 'We're all /going' theme at Art Journal Journey and preparing samples for Crafty Individuals!

My page brings back memories for me of family holidays at Burnham on Sea when my boys were little.
When I found this picture in a calendar I just had to use it..as well as the little stamp I found at a brocante stall in Lyon.
Here is the start of my page...paint and random seaweed stamps using Distress Oxide inks that show up quite well over the paint.
Here are the calendar pic and the little stamp.
I added the sandals from a magazine article.

We are going back to Lyon today to the Terraux area, we would have liked to venture further to Croix Rousse but it was getting late.
We saw the Fountaine Bartholdi, but sadly not working as there was construction work going on around it. 
However, a short walk away the St Nazire church did not disappoint!

 The stained glass windows were amazing!







We headed for lunch after our visit and took our time - it was beginning to warm up!
We walked to Place Marechal Lyautey




Several games of Boules taking place but we had one last place to see.
We started at  Place Louis Pradel!
There were plenty of skaters and skateboarders by this statue...
...The Skater by Cesar Baldaccini.I think I may know someone who would love to see this!!!
We spotted some street art in the making.....
and then walked on around the corner to see this


 Further along were the steps in the direction of the metro - yes we had to climb them!

 Finally, the view from our bedroom window on our last night...
 ...and last morning in lovely Lyon!
Next it will be Amazing Avignon!

Thanks for looking, Chris






10 comments:

Anne (cornucopia) said...

Great travel art journal page. I like the background colors. Fantastic photos. I love the fountain statues. That church is stunning, inside and outside. Beautiful area to visit. Stay cool.

Helen said...

I was going to start by drooling over St Nazire church (which is stunning) and then the legs sticking out of the wall (love it) but oh boy those steps!! at least they were pretty... You do find the most amazing places to visit and things to see ( love the statue!)

My name is Erika. said...

That is wonderful art today Chris. The ocean/beach is the perfect summertime theme. I hope to go to the ocean tomorrow so I will have to let you know if I get to feel the ocean breeze. And
Lyon looks interesting, especially those steps. Were they painted? But oh what a climb. Happy Frioday. Hugs-Erika

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Tour seaside journal page is incredible. The collage you created is superb. Those shoes looked 3 dimensional, and sat well on top of the darling photo you found. Thank you for yet another great entry for Art Journal Journey, dear hostess this month. Most impressive art you have given us.

I love your trip to Lyon. The problem with MY art pages are I haven't lived them. You, on the other hand, are living these wonderful dreams and memories.

I was in awe of the image stuck in the wall. Most unique. And that skateboard statue is incredible. I'm sure the youngster would have gone ape of it, too. The stairs remind me of some I saw from a brochure in Brazil, but those steps were covered with discarded colorful tiles. Still, the effect is similar. Love all your photos from this leg of the trip.

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

OMGosh. The first word I wrote above was wrong. I'm almost afraid to see how many more errors I made in that comment. Tour should be Your.

froebelsternchen said...

Wow - this is a trerrific page - stunning dear Chris and I so enjoy this travel impressions ---gorgeous! What a pleasure to see this! Thank you for sharing and thank you for yet another fantastic idea linked to your fabulous topic at AJJ! You rock!

Big hugs and happy start of the weekend!
Susi xxx

Rita said...

Sweet page. Cute little girl in the summer stamp.
That church and the stained glass--amazing!
Some crazy street art and a beautiful view.
Looks like a wonderful time. :)

Eileen The Artful Crafter said...

Great page, Chris. You've been a fabulous hostess this month. I honestly thought those sandals were real mini-sandals. They look so dimensional.

I think I enjoy seeing the wonderful places you visit through your eyes more than I would seeing them in person. So Thank you for the armchair travel.

I think I would have fallen on those stairs. The pattern is so visually distracting. Did they bother you?

Eileen xx

Divers and Sundry said...

A seaside trip would be refreshing, wouldn't it! The variety of sights you experience is a wonder :) I love the public art, and the church architecture is beautiful. I'm enjoying the photos :)

Words and Pictures said...

The summer colours on your page are so vivid and full of life... I love the painted seashore effect in the background - reminds me of the tide coming in across the sands. The photos of Lyon are wonderful... all that outdoor art, especially those steps - wow!
Alison x