Pearshaped

Pearshaped

Translate

Tuesday 9 July 2019

T Stands for......taking you back to the beginning!

Hi everyone, we arrived home safe and sound last night, a little later than we had hoped but with lots of lovely memories...and a few things we would rather forget!! 

Our holiday started on Eurostar (I didn't count the first part of our journey on a shaky Virgin train!!)
We had a meal in St Pancreas station by this statue!

The first night in Paris was simply a case of finding somewhere to eat nearby to the hotel we stayed at, sleeping, breakfast and then onto a train at the Gare de Lyon.
We passed through some lovely countryside and arrived early afternoon in Beaune.


The information centre was quite close to the Ibis Styles Hotel we stayed at and there was an exhibition of art work by local schools and colleges.

We went into the town to explore the lovely little streets.....











....and then it was time for something to eat and it is here I will join  Bleubeard and Elizabeth for T stands For Tuesday!

We found a lovely restaurant Brasserie Parisien(in the background to the little water feature in the square) that we eventually visited twice during our stay!
I was ready for a salad by then, having had croissants for breakfast and a sandwich for lunch!
We both had Caesar Salads and and stuck to water for our drink...only thing is the salad was mixed leaves, one of my pet hates...especially as part of a Caesar!! 

The service and atmosphere were fabulous though and we enjoyed a shared desert and had coffee afterwards too!

I will be back with more of our trip once I can get all of my photos to upload onto the computer.

Today we had to shop and I had a hospital appointment, so in between I made this page for my theme 'We're all/going' at Art Journal Journey.

There are times when things don't go to plan and this is what my page is about.....the quirky birds were supposed to be in size order  and one lost his step and they got mixed up...we're all going to have days like that!!!

Thank you all for the lovely entries so far and your comments on my blogging attempts - it wasn't easy as I had hoped!

Thanks for looking, Chrisx

14 comments:

Anne (cornucopia) said...

Wonderful photos from your trip. The area looked beautiful and I liked the architecture. But I didn't see your art piece within this post. Happy T-Day and welcome back from your vacation.

Linda Kunsman said...

what a beautiful sculpture to begin with... although I have never been to Beaune I can picture those streets as they look in so many other towns, and I miss seeing them. Despite putting the mixed greens in a Caesar salad it does look so good! And I love the happy little accident that has made your delightful journal page what it is:) Happy T day, and welcome home!

My name is Erika. said...

Those birds do have a cranky look, and they work so well Chris! They may not have gone as planned but they are very cute. And I am enjoying your trip photos. Can't wait to see some more. It looks like Beaune is a lovely little town. It feels very different from the south of France. Happy T day Chris. Hugs-Erika

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I can't remember her last name, but a mixed media artist named Jane ___? has that statue as her header on her blog. I was surprised it was so famous.

I love your photos so far. I always LOVE it when you take us with you on your travels. I live vicariously.

I love your little birds. The sentiment had me laughing, too. I love the quirky humor you used. It was a perfect journal page for your theme this month at Art Journal Journey.

I'm pretty fussy about my salads. Yours looks good, but I prefer to add my own dressing. However, T looks ready to dive in, and he's a real trooper when it comes to waiting for you to take photos. Thanks for sharing your incredible photos from your trip, your beautiful art, and your salad and water with us for T this Tuesday, dear Chris.

froebelsternchen said...

This impressions are beautiful dear Chris and I recognized the statue at Jane's Journal like E., now I have learnt where to find it. Tell him that leaves make men strong, lol! I adore the hilarious make for your AJJ topic, the wording is amazing and those birdies are super quirky - great. Glad to hear you are back safely, can't wait to see more of your trip and art.
Big hugs and happy T-Day, Susi xxx

Helen said...

Glad you are home safe and already sharing your fab pics from France! quirky bird page too, love it, out of size order or not! the blog Elizabeth is referring to is Jane's Journal, Jane Tyrrell, she's on VI DT among others, I am sure you know her. look forward to (lots) more holiday photos!!

Valerie-Jael said...

You must be tired after your long journey. The Paris photos are great. Glad you enjoyed yourselves. The blog page is lovely, too, the birds are sweet. Happy T Day, hugs, Valerie

Lisca said...

Thank you for taking us through Beaune. It looks like a really nice place. I like that fountain and the restaurant sounds nice too. I have never had Cesar salad with mixed leaves, but I don't think I would want that. Some places have a rather strange idea what a Cesar salad should look like.
I had to smile at the birds with the nasty look. Totally the opposite effect!
Happy belated T-Day,
Hugs,
Lisca

Mrs.B said...

Lovely photos from the start of your trip and I'm looking forward to seeing more.
I love the journal page, the quote is perfect.
Avril xx

Divers and Sundry said...

Yes, there'll always be days like that lol I love going along for the ride on your trip. Virtual travel improves even the worst day :) Happy T Day!

Rita said...

Looks like a lovely trip!
Hope your hospital appointment went well.
Cute birds! :)

Let's Art Journal said...

Fabulous post! I enjoyed seeing the photos from your travels and the statue at St. Pancreas station is one of my favourites 😀. I'm loving the bird page too, the snarky comment made me smile ...lol 😉. Happy belated T Day and have a lovely Friday and wonderful weekend! Hugs, Jo x

Words and Pictures said...

Beaune looks like a charming town - full of my favourite sort of snickets and alleyways. I love your snarky quirky birds... especially the idea of one of them getting out of line in a very disobedient way! Hope to be along later in the month to play with your lovely theme.
Alison x

Cath Wilson said...

Brilliant page - love your misaligned birdies, who look great anyway...love the knobbly knees you gave them - even if they are in the wrong place, lol. Great words, too!
Fab pics - so glad you've begun to share some. I can feel as if I were there with you... don't medieval towns excite you? They certainly do me. We went to Joan of Arc's birthplace last time I visited and that was very medieval...such a treat. So pleased you had such a good time :-)
Cath x