Pearshaped

Pearshaped

Translate

Saturday 27 July 2019

Using imagination in Avignon!

Hi everyone, as promised I have photos of Avignon, but first a page for Art Journal Journey.
On our first afternoon in Avignon we went to the Information centre and picked up some leaflets. 

Oh how we would have loved to visit this...so I have used the leaflet to make this page to encourage us all to use our imaginations!

I used Amsterdam paints smudged on with fingers and then used some dotty stencils and postmark stamps to make the background. I added the wild horse by Visible Images randomly around the page.

As you can see it took place last Saturday - there are a few links on Google but here is a link to the Mejanes site.

My most exciting moment on the journey to Avignon was passing fields of lavender....and I took some fuzzy looking photos! It is something I have always wanted to see.
The very first one....told you it was fuzzy and the train windows were filthy outside too!!
I think these layers, with the lavender running through the middle, will end up as part of a journal page!

 There were other things growing in fields of course! 
We didn't do a lot on our first afternoon, a coffee shop opposite the Tourist information Centre...
 ...and little walk...


 ...to see the bridge..


 ...something to eat in front of the Hotel de Ville(Town Hall)...
 ....and then back to our hotel via the outside of the city walls. We passed some river cruises moored up for the night.
 The welcome sight of our hotel!

I'll be back soon, thanks for looking, Chris

13 comments:

Cath Wilson said...

Beautiful photos, Chris - lovely to visit Avignon with you - or the next best thing, lol. I love the lavender fields, too, though I wouldn't want to walk in them. I only have pots of it in my yard but at any one time there are half a dozen frenzied bees on the flowers and they soon get rather annoyed if I dare to water the plants! Love the archway...so easy to let your imagination run riot with that pic!
Wonderful page....very evocative.
Cath x

Anne (cornucopia) said...

Your art journal page looks great. Wonderful photos. I love the architecture there. And the lavender fields were beautiful to see.

My name is Erika. said...

I have been in Avignon and I enjoyed walking around then and now I enjoyed your photos. Of course we were there in late February/early March so no lavender. When was it blooming? I think you weren't in June. And I think we stayed at the sae hotel right outside of the city walls. Of course we went 9 years ago so I bet things have changed a lot in many ways. And your journal page is amazing. Love the horse images and the cut outs you used. They work together so well! happy Saturday. Hugs-Erika

Rita said...

Lovely!
Always so nice to be taken along on your journeys. :)
I imagine people who live by lavender fields probably get sick of the smell--but it would take me quite a while. ;)

Helen said...

I love the page, I love the lavender fields, and the walk round Avignon! thanks.

Divers and Sundry said...

I always enjoy these virtual vacations and appreciate the photos. Ah, being there must be quite exciting!

Linda Kunsman said...

Marvelous journal page Chris! I too have seen lavender fields as you- while on a train. I did not get to Avignon but how lovely it looks! And now you have me humming "Sur le Pont d'Avignon..." :):)

froebelsternchen said...

I love this evocative page, terrific! And I love your Avignon photos. I was there at the age of 13 but will never forget this wonderful places. Thank you for joining AJJ again dear Chris. You are a wonderful hostess. Happy Sunday, Susi xxx

Meggymay said...

Lovely photos Chris.The lavender fields must have been beautiful to see for real.
Its a fabulous journal page as well.
Yvonne xx

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

Now there's a place I would love to visit, don't those fields look stunning. I love Lavender infact my front garden is quite overgrown with it but we like it that way.. Fabulous page, those paints have a great feel to them when used with our fingers. Thanks for sharing Chris.
Creative Hugs Tracey xx

Erika said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Erika said...

Good morning, dear Chris and thank you so much for your visit! Your travel impressions are gorgeous and the beautiful warm colors of your collage are telling a wonderful story.
I wish you a wonderful summer time and happy moments.
Erika

Words and Pictures said...

Ahhhh, sigh... lavender fields... yes please! I plan to grow as much of the stuff as possible in the garden when I get to the Czech Republic. The soil there seems to agree with it.

Love the energy and warmth of the page - that horse is so beautifully done with just those simple shapes... I can see why you were drawn to the leaflet - shame you missed the show.
Alison x