Pearshaped

Pearshaped

Translate

Sunday 21 July 2019

Going wild and back to Lyon...

Hi everyone, there's a lot going on around these parts and I really would love to get out into the countryside for some inspiration.
As it happens I have been showing some of the photos on my phone to friends and family and came across some photos I took way back of some ferns that set me onto this page for my 'We're all/going' theme at Art Journal Journey
I painted a blue background which turned out a little darker than I would have liked so brightened it by using Paper Artsy's Courtney Franich stamps (set ECF06) with Twisted Citron Distress Oxide ink and some Crafty Individuals alphabet letters in Spiced Marmalade DOx. The Ferns and dragonflies are also Crafty Individuals stamps(setCI207).
The words are from my quotes box - another separated stamp!
I hope we're all able to go wild sometimes!

Just around the corner from those fabulous views in my last post is the Cathedral de Notre Dame de Fourviere - beautiful inside and out!





We stayed there until we began to feel hungry and headed for lunch!

After we had eaten in the Old Town we went to explore.

Lyon was once famous for silk, until riots during the Industrial Revolution and there are silk workers houses all over Vieux Lyon as well as passages known as Traboules(link) that led from one street with another down to the river. The passages were also used by the Resistance during the Second World War.
At first we just tried our luck until we met someone we had sat next to in a restaurant the night before who told us about the map...then we were away!!!
Some of them had lovely courtyards and of course we had to be quiet so as not to disturb the residents.



The streets were interesting too...






I hope you aren't getting tired of seeing my photos...there are  still loads more!

Thanks for looking, Chris

10 comments:

Helen said...

No, we want more!! the cathedral is beautiful, and the streets are gorgeous! So interesting. keep them coming please! love the fern page too.

Divers and Sundry said...

That cathedral is truly breathtaking! The street scenes and architecture are fascinating! Tired of the photos? Never!

My name is Erika. said...

I like the gold on your journal page. It radiates warmth. Beautiful page Chris. And Lyon looks like a cool place to visit. I like the views in those little alleyways of Traboules. It's always fun to armchair travel. Happy new week Chris. Hugs-Erika

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Your journal page with the ferns and the dragonflies was a gem. It is fascinating and well done, too. Really great for your theme at Art Journal Journey, too, dear Chris.

The Cathedral was beautiful and stunning in its size. You find the best Cathedrals to visit. I also liked the city that was built under the city. What a rare find and great that someone knew where you could get a map to find these hidden beauties.

And NO, I'll never tire of your photos, dear Chris. They are such a joy since I'm loving playing armchair visitor.

Rita said...

What a stunning cathedral! I love to see where you've traveled!! :)

froebelsternchen said...

A wonderful page for AJJ dear Chris, just gorgeous and amazing photos . Please continue to show us where you have been. It's always a pleasure for me to travel with you chairwise.
Big hugs, Susi

craftytrog said...

Wonderful photos Chris, Lyons looks beautiful! Love your page too.
Alison xxx

Linda Kunsman said...

beautiful journal page Chris.
That cathedral-wow- just breathtaking and so magnificent!!! I've never been to Lyon- but oh you have me SO wanting to go to explore ces vieux rues!!! Keep the photos coming!

Let's Art Journal said...

Beautiful page and the cathedral is stunning filled with so much beauty 😁. I always enjoy seeing photos of your travels - amazing! Happy wishes! Hugs, Jo x

Arnoldo L. Romero, MLA said...

Your "Wild and Free" page is magnificent, as well as your glorious pictures. Sorry I hadn't reciprocated to your visit to my blog, but I didn't get back from camp until yesterday afternoon. Blessings!