Pearshaped

Pearshaped

Translate

Thursday 1 August 2019

Eyeing things up at the beginning of the new month!

Hello everyone! There's a new host and a new theme at Art Journal Journey! Gill of gibbyfrogettcraftations blog has chosen 'Anything with Eyes' as her theme - what a wide choice we're going to have and I couldn't wait to get started - I have used a stamp that I may use again later this month I think, as it is one of my favourite Lynn Perrella Stamps!
I am once again using my calendar journal as my first entry.

It has been a dreary old day here again and with the depressing news on local TV about the floods in the area - including a film clip of Lyme Park gardens with water just flowing through them and a dam in one of favourite places to walk being so damaged that a whole town has had to be evacuated!
It is not a good photo, but to be honest it is quite a dark page! I enjoyed the freedom of making lots of stencilled layers and then some text stamping and then with a feeling that it was too bright covered it all with a wash of Quinacradone Gold. The image just did not want to stamp directly onto the page so I stamped it on tissue and used Matte medium to stick it down. Maybe I will lighten it as the month rolls on!!
Here is last months cheerier page all filled in!
I must admit the last few weeks have held a bunch of mixed pleasures with pages for AJJ to be made, samples for the upcoming Crafty Individuals shows (which by the way are Monday 5th August at 4.00pmBST and Tuesday 6th August at 10.00am to be made  - although these times seem subject to change)to be made and posted off, a tortoise to be fed along with starting to sort out things at our caravan.

I will briefly take you back to Avignon.
 When we returned from Arles we found there was a wine evening taking place in the Square Agricola Perdiguer - a garden set in the old cloisters of the church, started by a botanist in the 1800s
It was very crowded so no more photos....
 ...but we did go back the next day to take photos of the beautiful gardens..

 They do like giant pots in Avignon!

 I wish my Agapanthus looked like these!

There, that's brighter!

I have been looking at some new stamps on line - do I need them....I'll sleep on it!!!

Thanks for looking, Chris


13 comments:

My name is Erika. said...

Nice calendars and beautiful flowers. What an amazing garden. Happy August. Hugs-Erika

froebelsternchen said...

Lynne Perrella stamps are so unique and beautiful, wonderful used on this calendas spread. Thank you for joining AJJ again and for the fantastic last month! You were such a master host!
Great garden pics, gorgeous!
Happy August!
Susi xxx

Helen said...

Loving those pics from the gardens. the news from Whaley Bridge is awful, I hope the dam holds. Have a good day.

Gibby Frogett said...

Thats a lovely Lynn Perrella stamp and cool August page Chris!
I only have one nice little stamps of hers... did you order your stamps you were thinking about? I was trying to cut down buying more, but then did something totally out of character for me and placed 5 orders in July - all for Altenew stamps and dies ..... oh!
Love your calendar pages as they are always so different - July is really pretty.
Been watching tv earlier and saw the awful situation at Whaley Bridge. Not sure exactly where you are... but hope the weather hasn't been too bad for you and all well for you and yours.
Thanks for joining in at AJJ..
Gill x

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

Chris I do hope all is well with you? The floods have been such an issue and so unpredicted. I love the darkness of your August page, if in doubt with stamps I always stamp them onto tissue or rice paper, it saves so much fear of spoiling. Your July calendar was full of bloom, just as your visits to Avignon what a stunning place.. I may get there one day.
Wishing you well & a super weekend creative Hugs Tracey xx

Rita said...

Your new calendar spread look more somber than July's did--but pretty.

The flooding sounds just awful! And an entire town, too!

The garden pictures are just gorgeous, though.

Stay safe and dry!

Neet said...

The photos of Avignon are tremendous. Definitely somewhere I would love to visit but doubtful whether I will do now with the state of my back and my age (insurance). Thank goodness i can live it vicariously through your blog Chris. Keep them coming, please.
Hugs, Neet xx

Meggymay said...

I loved the calendar pages Chris and the photos are beautiful.
Yvonne xx

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

My sincere apologies for visiting so late. My internet has been offline since last night. I hope you read this because I got your package today.

Your calendar is wonderful and I love how you are eyeing things as your first entry for Gill's theme this month at Art Journal Journey.

Of course, I also love it when you share any gardens, including the ones you saw in Avignon. Beautiful photos and a wonderful view of the gardens in the church cloisters.

craftytrog said...

Gorgeous photos and I love your calendar spreads Chris!
Alison xxx

Arnoldo L. Romero, MLA said...

Cool Calendar! Thank you for sharing your photographs from Avignon - they're breathtaking! Thanks for your visit to my blog and blessings!

Words and Pictures said...

Oh, I really must go, it looks so beautiful. Love your calendar pages... I wonder if you were influenced to choose those LP architecture stamps by all those Gothic arches in Avignon!
Alison x

Eileen The Artful Crafter said...

Beautiful calendar pages, Chris. I wish I knew what Crafty Individuals shows are. I looked up the website but it doesn't tell about shows. So I'm wondering if it's expositions, podcasts, what? Maybe next time you could tell us a bit more. Your photos from Avignon are gorgeous, especially those amazing agapanthus, Eileen xx