Pearshaped

Pearshaped

Translate

Thursday 18 July 2019

An adventure.....maybe...

Hi everyone, I am really struggling to get some time in my craft room, and then when I do my mojo plays hide and seek!!

I made a page in my A6 journal using an image from a leaflet I picked up in France!
It is a photo of Bordeaux where we visited two years ago! We never got a chance to travel on the river, we found where the boat sailed from minutes after it left, but I do quite like the idea of seeing Bordeaux from the river, so one day....maybe....
I made a background using water colour pencils and some leftover ink on a sponge through a couple of stencils.
I looked in my scrap bags for the butterfly and the clock and then stamped out 'adventure awaits' from a set I bought a while ago that is now separated from the info sheet.
So, 'We're all going'... to have an adventure today at Art Journal Journey!
I must say I am blown away by the diversity of ideas for my theme and I will eventually catch up with everyone, thanks for being so patient!!

I am continuing our adventure today in Lyon. This city is the favourite of a friend who told me I must go!! He was right as we loved it...so much to see and yummy food too!

We walked across the River Rhone and the River Saone to find the Tourist Information Office, misleading signs seemed to want us to back over the Saone, Hubby left me on a seat under a shady tree and followed the signs. He was gone quite while and came back with just one leaflet(the hotel had given us a map).
After a coffee in a crowded Starbucks we walked towards St Jean Cathedral...what do you think we found? A small but quite well stocked temporary Information centre!
There was also a Brocante in the square in front...

I found a stall selling mounted rubber stamps and couldn't resist buying couple! 



The museum building looked great from the outside but sadly no time to visit on this occasion.
We were happy to find several places to eat (on a Sunday)within walking distance and decided on a 'Bouchon', a traditional Lyonaise restaurant with a reputation for using unusual cuts of meat but also for their heartier meals that were once served to silk workers. Le Laurencin looked inviting and was quite busy. I will save the photos taken here for a T post!
The next morning we caught the tram using a travel pass across town to the Funicular railway.


A family were taking photos of themselves while we waited for the Funicular to set off and asked if we would like a photo too!
We wanted to visit the Cathedrale de Notre Dame de Fourviere that can be seen on the hill above the city.... 
....but first we went to see the view of Lyon from the side of the cathedral.



Definitely worth visiting,it was so hot though, we headed to a cafe fairly quickly!
Next time I will take you to the cathedral!

Thanks for looking, Chris




13 comments:

Anne (cornucopia) said...

Your travel journal page is lovely. Great photos from your trip. I love the architecture there. The cathedral is beautiful. I can't wait to see more photos of it. It's unfortunate it was hot. It seems to be hot in many places around the world these days, more so than usual. (And a heat wave is arriving here in the US starting tomorrow for me. Ugh.)

kathyinozarks said...

wonderful journal page and I love your trip photos-We don't get out to see things like this so really enjoy your travel posts very much-hugs Kathy

Helen said...

If you were there when it was so so hot, you did well to even see this much... it looks lovely though (and if I know you two, you will be back again!)

My name is Erika. said...

Lyon does look like a great place to visit. And finding some stamps for sale would be a big temptation for me too. Like you I would have bought a couple. I can't wait to see what you make with them. Happy Friday. Hugs-Erika

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Your journal page is brilliant, Chris. I am sorry you are struggling to make art. I'm finding I'm not only struggling, I'm also having trouble staying awake. I had the perfect routine until the youngsters arrived. That's when I had to be on THEIR schedule, not mine. Now I can't stay awake because my body has more or less shut down. Maybe we can find our mojo in the same place soon (grin)!

I really love this page, Chris. I love the dreamy background and the idea of an adventure. It's the perfect addition to your theme this month at Art Journal Journey.

Your photos of Lyon are wonderful. I agree this is a stunning city with lots of old world charm. I can't wait to see more, too.

Eileen The Artful Crafter said...

Lovely page, Chris. I hope you do get a chance to see Bordeaux from the river. I so enjoy following your wonderful adventures across Europe.

Lyon looks lovely. Is a Brocante like a flea market? I wanted to see your rubber stamp finds. Maybe another time. Nice photo. I'm smiling back at you. Fabulous views!

I just want to let you know that I did get your comments: 1 on each of my AJJ entries and 1 on my T-day post.

Eileen xx

Meggymay said...

Lovely photos Chris and a wonderful page in your travel journal.
If you come across Mr Mojo, please tell him to get his act together and visit me as well.
Yvonne xx

Rita said...

Looks crowded, but so interesting. I'm sure you'll reveal which rubber stamps you bought. ;)

craftytrog said...

Great photos Chris, and I love your Bordeaux page! Hope you get to see it by river next time.
Alison xxx

Caty said...

Wonderful Art journal page Chris !! Absolutelly Gorgeous, yes adventure awaits !! this cathédrale is super beautiful!, fantastic photographs of this town! thanks so much for sharing them with us. Enjoy your holidays very much.
I wish you a very nice day,
Big hugs, Caty

Divers and Sundry said...

Your photos make me feel like I'm there :) The architecture, museums, and food sound like they make up a wonderful trip. I look forward to restaurant photos :)

Neet said...

More photos of your wonderful trip Chris. You really should do a travelogue and I hope it features the boat trip you so want to do.
If your page is anything to go by it will be wonderful.
Hugs, Neet xx

Let's Art Journal said...

Such a fabulous journal page! The way you used the leaflet looks wonderful and Lyon is such a lovely place 😁. Creative wishes! Jo x