Pearshaped

Pearshaped

Translate

Monday 1 October 2018

Autumn walk in my calendar journal

I have really enjoyed making this month's page!
I started with a scribbly background made with watercolour pencils to which I then added water with a water brush....
...and stamped all sorts of leaves, mostly Lin Brown's Paper Artsy stamps, but also some Woodware ones too! I used a variety of inks, Distress, Distress Oxides, Versafine Clair (including one that had been unopened even though I bought it back in May!!)I love Autumn leaf colours - and started my tree watch while we were on holiday!

I added Crafty Individuals trees along the bottom...
...overstamping in some places, and then added Tim Holtz lettering.
After sticking on my day squares I decided to stamp some of my little stamps from Paris over them.
Here is September filled in...
...I'll let you decide whether you want to click and enlarge - there are spoilers about our holiday there!

My October Spread was influenced by a walk in Sizergh Castle Gardens last week!








I hope that my Calendar page has enough of those warm colours to enter at Art Journal Journey where Linda of heARTfullyinspired by Linda as chosen the theme 'Creature Comforts'. Certainly being in a garden, any garden, makes me feel content!

Thanks for looking, Chris  

9 comments:

Divers and Sundry said...

That Autumn color is wonderful! Not much color change here yet, nothing even close to the view in your photo. Gorgeous!

Heike`sAugenBlick said...

OMG...That is what I called a perfect Autumn page...Love everything about it !! Well done.. Have a beautiful month.. xoxo Heike

froebelsternchen said...

I love your October spread in your calendar and I think it is perfect for Linda's new theme! Thank you very much for linking to "Creature Comforts" dear Chris. The September pages are so beautiful as well! Your calendar journal is going to become a really artful book in the end! I am in awe of your calender already as you know!
Amazing impressions of Sizergh Castle Gardens! Thanks for sharing this wonderful photos!

Big hugs and happy October dear Chris!

Susi

Linda Kunsman said...

this is a perfectly gorgeous autumn spread for your October calendar along with my chosen theme for AJJ Chris! Beautiful gardens photos too!

Helen said...

Love the autumn colours in your page but the photos are fantastic! I clicked and enlarged your calendar but couldn't read your spoilers, still too small!

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I'm in agreement. This is a fabulous first AJJ entry and beautiful calendar pages, which, as always, put mine to shame. I'm loving these leaves, and can't begin to imagine covering them up. Thanks for sharing them with us at Art Journal Journey.

LOVED all those photos of how autumn and summer are mingling together. Those awesome red, orange, and yellow trees are simply stunning.

Meggymay said...

It is a fabulous calendar page Chris. The autumn colours look lovely.
I loved the photos from Sizergh, it was good to see the autumn shades in the gardens, so different to our trip there in the summer.
Yvonne xx

My name is Erika. said...

It is starting to look like fall, isn't it? I love you new calendar background. All those leaves look fantastic. Hugs-Erika

craftytrog said...

Beautiful Autumn pages Chris, and I love to see your photos too!
Happy October!
Alison xxx