Pearshaped

Pearshaped

Translate

Saturday 6 October 2018

5 on the Fifth!

I am taking part in an Instagram challenge at the moment set by Birgit Koopsen! She suggests that we use a different product each day for the whole of October!
I have not counted Versafine Ink, Distress Ink, Stamps, stencils, paper dolls or scraps as I use them so much - and I already have a list of over 31 products that I don't use often!!

Lovely Elizabeth has suggested I might show them here so....

Day 1 _ you have already seen!
I used Sari silk ribbon - as I had only re-discovered the box it was being stored in recently!
 Day 2 I made a right old mess with some sand texture paste - this was the second attempt - I wiped the first lot off - and it's still messy and you should have seen the mess on my hands and desk top!!!
 Day 3 Decided to keep it simpler and use embossing powder - I really don't know why I don't use this more! Things are going to change as it gives such good finish!
 Day 4 DecoArt paints - you know I love to spatter so I made this little scene for the family wrapped up for a sea front Winter walk(although my first thought was that they might be on a ship, which led to me thinking about the Titanic and couldn't bear the thought of anything horrible happening to this family!)
Day 5 - Crayola wax crayons - over which I used a stencil and black paint! The scrap was from a booklet that came in the post advertising concerts - can't imagine what this was from - hence the title!

I am off to Happy Stampers in the morning so need to be off to bed now!

Thanks for looking, Chris

10 comments:

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

THANK you for sharing these with us who live in blogland, not Instagram. I was so impressed with the different products you have already used and I love each and every tag so far. It's been forever since I've made a tag, and yours have inspired me to make one or two before the month is over. Thanks for being such a great inspiration, dear Chris.

Valerie-Jael said...

Wonderful tags, have a fun weekend, hugs, Valerie

Words and Pictures said...

That's a really great challenge - a way to make sure we use some of those neglected craft supplies, and discover fresh delights tucked away in the depths of the stash. I love your tags - the family, the fabulous autumn leaves... well, all of them really. I don't think I'd noticed that you don't use embossing powder often - I love the stuff!
Alison x

Words and Pictures said...

Oh, and I hope you're enjoying Happy Stampers x

Helen said...

I am not on instagram either, so pleased to see your entries. Hope you had a great time at PS. I got soaked at Kew instead!

Meggymay said...

A wonderful selection of tags Chris. I am pleased you showed them here I am not on instagram either.
Yvonne xx

My name is Erika. said...

These are amazing Chris. You've made some fabulous tags. And it must be good to use some rarely used products too. Maybe it will inspire you to use them more frequently. Hugs-Erika

craftytrog said...

A great selection of tags Chris! I hadn't thought of sand paste, it's going on my list! I've had some forever!
Alison xxx

Cath Wilson said...

Some great art here, Chris. Love the variety - great idea! I may well have signed up for that had I seen it but maybe it's a good job I didn't, lol.

Cath x

Eileen The Artful Crafter said...

These tags are beautiful, Chris. Though I must admit that the family made me immediately think of the Titanic too. How odd.