Pearshaped

Pearshaped

Translate

Sunday 30 September 2018

Still on the catwalk...sort of!!!

Hi everyone! We are back from the caravan - didn't touch the garden - it was so nice we went out instead!

I have been trying to cut down my magazine pile and this YSL image was in a France magazine (it had quite a lot about Paris in it!)
The text with it said that Yves as a boy would make paper dolls and that he would also design clothes for his mother and sisters.

When we got back from our caravan about two hours ago I got it into my head that I could make a final quick page for Yvonne's 'A World Of Fantasy' theme at Art Journal Journey, so after a coffee I went and made a page before it became too dark to take a photograph (yes, those days are almost here again!!) I've had to wait until hubby came off the computer so here it is!
I used some Lost Coast stamps (I think!) and cut some paper dolls from a French magazine I have had for a while! I cut out a new dress for the lady and put those little tags on to attach it to her - she had an apron on so I think she may prefer this!! All this was stuck onto a kraft page that I dragged some paint onto and then spattered with bronze paint!

The garden doesn't look so bad - although if you look closely things need cutting back and there are some nettles lurking.....maybe next time!!!

We saw some beautiful scenery while out and about.





I'll be here with my calendar journal tomorrow!

Thanks for looking, Chris

8 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Hi Chris, love your journal page. You made great use of the French magazines and I enjoyed the story about YSL cutting our paper dolls and designing for the women in his family. Reminds me of the paper dolls I used to play with when I was a child. Lovely photos from your holiday - gorgeous scenery. Hugs, Elizabeth x

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

What a fabulous final page for Yvonne's theme at Art Journal Journey. It was a fantastic fantasy, and I loved how you dressed the woman. Those paper dolls were fun, too, and the bronze paint splatters show up well. Thanks for a final entry at Art Journal Journey today.

Your caravan looks great and the paint is holding up well. The plants look good still and your hedge is still quite lovely.

You took some incredible shots of your trip back home. Those cows!! And that bright blue sky is so lovely, along with how green everything is. Thanks for taking us on the trip and thanks for all you do for AJJ, too.

Meggymay said...

This is a fantastic final page for my theme Chris, thank you for all your support this past month.
I love the paper dolls and the new cut out dress,I'm sure she will think its much better than an apron . The background from the magazine looks great. I often try to reduce my pile of magazines and give up as They could be needed in future.
The photos of the countryside looked lovely, you were lucky to have good weather to enjoy.
Yvonne xx

My name is Erika. said...

This page is as good as yesterday's Chris. Isn't fun to get on a roll and make some fashion pages? And I agree. It was a gorgeous days and your photos are just beautiful. The garden isn't going anyplace, is it? Happy new week. Hugs-Erika

froebelsternchen said...

WOW - a stunning last page for Yvonne's month Chris! I loved how you dressed the woman. I was a paperdoll cutting girl as I was a young child as well. I love your page ! And great impressions of the area where your lovely caravan garden is! Thank you for all the wonderful support for AJJ again! So much appreciated!
Big hugs and happy October for you!

Susi

Valerie-Jael said...

Wonderful journal page. Glad you had fun, thanks for sharing the lovely photos. Hugs, Valerie

Divers and Sundry said...

What beautiful views! And I love the potted plants on your deck.

Rita said...

Cute page. I'm sure it's nice to be home. Looks soooo lovely there. :)