Pearshaped

Pearshaped

Translate

Sunday 23 September 2018

Mermaids have all the fun!

Hi everyone, we are home and after travelling yesterday and shopping this morning I was ready to get into my craft room!
I bought some napkins while away....definitely more than I need!!!

One of my favourites immediately put me in mind of Yvonne's 'World Of Fantasy' challenge at Art Journal Journey!
As it happens I had started a watery looking page a while ago for another challenge but never got around to using it!
I tore the napkin and stuck it too the page with a matte multi medium.
From there it was just a case of adding a little stamping, some images cut from a little book I bought in Paris last April, some colouring with Distress markers and some spattering with blue and white paint!
I love travelling but I don't think I will ever go on a cruise, too much being on water and only a short time to explore where the stop offs are! We were asked several times whether we were on one of the cruises along the Danube and I must say the floating hotels do look fabulous - just not for me(but never say never!!!)
 The mermaid in the napkin can see the World from the sea - perching on an occasional rock for a rest! 

We still have a lot to put away, wash etc., but hope to be back soon with some photos!
We had such wonderful weather (almost too hot some days) and I still have aching feet(blisters at one point!), but so many wonderful memories to share!

Thanks for looking, Chris

9 comments:

froebelsternchen said...

What a fantastic page Chris! I love the quote too! Great you enjoyed the trip! Hope you will come up with photos for us!

Thank you very much for joining AJJ again!
Happy start of the new week for you !
Hugs, Susi

Helen said...

Glad you've had another great trip - look forward to seeing the photos! I bet one day, when you find you don't want to/can't walk so far, you think...oh a cruise would be good.... lol!
great page, Chris.

Meggymay said...

This is an awesome under the sea fantasy page Chris. Your new napkin looks lovely and I also like the quote you used.
Glad you had a good trip and I look forward to seeing your photos.
Yvonne xx

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

Good to hear you had a lovely holiday Chris and brought back lots of happy memories. Your page is fabulous it's a good feeling when we can go back to something we once started and complete it. Love that quote!
Creative Hugs Tracey x

My name is Erika. said...

Glad you had a good trip and I agree about cruises. Plus you get so many people on the ship. I do adore your nautical page though. And that looks like a cool napkin. Nice fantasy page. Hugs-Erika

Mrs.B said...

A fabulous under the sea page Chris, looks like a useful napkin.
Glad you had a lovely holiday.
Avril xx

Rita said...

My brother and SIL go on a cruise every year for vacation. They visit our mother in Florida and then go on a Disney cruise. Never been, but they love them.

Sweet spread, Chris. It's always good to be back home after being away. :)

Gibby Frogett said...

Beautiful page Chris - pleased to hear you had a great trip :)
Have a great week.
Gill x


Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

We both had mermaids in mind when we created our journal pages. I have to admit, your mermaid was much more fun to see than mine. I really enjoyed this and was glad to know you are back home, too. Of course, I'm thrilled you shared this with us at Art Journal Journey.