Pearshaped

Pearshaped

Translate

Tuesday 4 September 2018

Childhood at Try It On Tuesday

It's time for a new topic at Try It On Tuesday - Childhood and we would like to see how you interpret this theme  - whether it be a Nursery Rhyme, back to school or playtime!

The DT have once again made some fabulous pieces to inspire you!

I took trip back to my childhood when I had my Mum's old books from her childhood to look at! 

Mabel Lucy Atwell illustrations always made me smile.....
....so I hope that this card will be a good way to send Get Well Wishes!
I started with some Distress inks in rainbow colours on my mat then spritzed and dragged the card across to pick up the colour.
I used DIs through a couple of stencils too to create a rippled reflection appearance at the bottom of the card.
I stamped the image onto the card then again onto some sturdy paper using my Stamp Platform.
As you can see this is my second attempt as I wasn't happy with the face!
I painted the image with Paper Artsy fresco paints while the paper was still in place on my platform.
This made it easy for me to stamp over the image in exactly the right place and fussy cut and place over my stamped image on the card.
This means that she gets to keep the wisp of hair!!!
Finally I stamped the cheery sentiment.....
....and added a few stickles raindrops.

I made this card when my arm was really aching and since then have gone back and dealt with the missing A!

I do hope you will join us at TIOT this time, as always there are two weeks in which to add your entry!

Thanks for looking, Chris


10 comments:

froebelsternchen said...

She is so lovely and how clever with the stamp platform.- cool!And the background is adorable with the lovely sentiment!
Big hugs, Susi

Rosie said...

A wonderful card

Mrs.B said...

A lovely card Chris and it's such a gorgeous image and sentiment. Love the background.
Avril xx

Let's Art Journal said...

Such a lovely card! I love your rainbow background and wonderful sentiment 😁. It fits the Mabel Lucy Atwell illustration beautifully! Wishing you a happy and creative week! J 😊 x

Meggymay said...

Its a super tip to colour while the work is still on the stamp platform Chris.
A fabulous card with a lovely background.
Yvonne xx

Joan said...

Oh how this takes me back ! I love the Mabel Lucy Attwell image and the lovely scene you have created

Joan x

ps. Hope your arm/shoulder is better soon, been there and know how painful it is

craftytrog said...

A sweet card Chris! xxx

Divers and Sundry said...

What an encouragement, and the little girl with her delightful expression is the perfect illustration. I want that hooded cape ;)

Marjut said...

Lovely card with a beautiful background colours.

Words and Pictures said...

Aaahh... Mabel Lucie Attwell - now there's a Proustian rush... definitely waves of nostalgia, though my MLA books were all fairly old by the time I got my hands on them. Edward Ardizzone is the other children's illustrator whose art summons up childhood instantly for me. Love this page for all sorts of reasons.
Alison x