Pearshaped

Pearshaped

Translate

Tuesday 11 April 2017

Finding something to say at Try it on Tuesday

Our new theme at Try It On Tuesday is 'Add a Quote'. The Design Team have made some fabulous examples to inspire you and as you will see a wide range of projects! 

I have used a small canvas board which I covered in Titan Buff paint and then streaked with some grey
I added some hair cement (Vaseline works too) with my finger before painting over with Mocha paint(made by mixing), once dry I heated it a little bit before wiping off the cement and paint

 Next, some stamping and stencilling
I knew which quote I wanted to use( a Visible Images one) so cogs were ideal…I added some turquoise through a text stencil but it didn't come out too well but as it was only a random part of the background I decided to leave it rather than wipe it off.
 Next I wanted to add a clock - I have had an old watch face for ages and now was the time to use it.
I collected some cogs, one chip board, one metal and then remembered I had some small ones from the same watch - they all got the paint treatment - layers of rusts and browns, sprinkles of sand and embossing powder, to make them look rusty.
I stamped the quote using black and mocha paint and as I didn't want it to get lost in the background I outlined the larger letters.

 Finally I used an old mascara brush to add some fine gold spatters over it all.

I do hope you will pop over to TIOT and take a look at the fabulous inspiration. Hope to see you there - the challenge is on until the 27th April.

I would like to enter the challenges at:-

Country View Challenges which has Rust as the April theme

Craft Stamper - Take It Make it Challenge - Anything goes

Thanks for looking, Chris


20 comments:

sheila 77 said...

What a great process post, I followed it with great interest. (Titan buff is one of my favourite acrylic colours by the way). Hair cement? - must Google that one. There's so many fascinating techniques here, Chris, with a great end result, so appropriate for the quote.

Lula said...

What a fab canvas Chris! Love the quote too- is so true!
Have a lovely Easter my dear Friend-
Lula

sirkkis said...

Very true! You created gorgeous texture. A great canvas, Chris
Hugs ❤

Rita said...

Looks like you had fun Chris. A fabulous canvas creation. Hugs Rita xxxxx

Lorraine said...

what a great canvas and a good quote that is so true..always time to start again

Mrs.B said...

A great canvas Chris, the clock face and rusting gears look fabulous, Love that quote.
Avril xx

chrissie said...

Amazing techniques and textures on this beautiful canvas

Love Chrissie x

Valerie-Jael said...

Beautiful piece, love the rusty bits! I love that Titan buff colour and use it a lot, too. Hugs, Valerie

Helen said...

ooh, me likey a lot!

Redanne said...

Beautifully distressed Chris, love your colour choices! Hugs, Anne xx

Inky and Quirky Designs said...

This is fab Chris,love the textures you've created ;)
Hugs
Donna xx

Meggymay said...

Its a fantastic canvas Chris and super photos of the making stages.
Yvonne xx

Margik said...

A really fabulous canvas, Chris. Love the textures and all the details.
Mar xx

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Absolutely incredible. I was mesmerized as I followed each step along the way. It was great seeing it come together like it did. This is wonderful!!!!!

craftytrog said...

I love your canvas Chris, fab techniques!
Alison xxx

sarascloset said...

Ok, so THAT'S what you do with a mascara brush! (I hate mascara, and all makeup for that matter!) I digress!

Your canvas is amazing, Chris! I loved seeing your step out on how it came together. Your rusted cogs and clock are perfect embellishments, and the flecks of gold are the icing on the cake! Love this! Hugs!

Words and Pictures said...

Love the complex layers in your background, giving such depth to the background panel. The rusted metal looks so cool, and the words are a lovely thought. You would really think I'd manage to play along with this theme, wouldn't you? Here's hoping...
Alison x

Corrie Herriman said...

Nice piece ! Thank you for joining us over at Country View Challenges !
Corrie x

Linda said...

What a fabulous canvas ..... great step by steps too. Thanks for playing along with the Craft Stamper challenge xx

Jane said...

Hi Chris what a great piece, gorgeous textures and a fab rusty watch topped off with a Visible Image quote I haven't seen for a long while.This is perfect for our rust challenge theme over at Country View, thanks so much for joining us xx