Pearshaped

Pearshaped

Translate

Sunday 2 April 2017

Second look on the 2nd

We are home again…..and just in time to write this post!
It's something you may have seen before back in 2013.
This was what I wrote on April 13th 2013 
-------------------------------------------------------------- Yesterday I spent the morning with my lovely friend Sarah of Art Of Moodling to do some journaling together. Sarah has signed up for 21 Secrets so I chose a number and it turned out to be  the amazing Kate Crane whose workshop we attended together a while ago! 
Clever Sarah took photographs as we went along so if you would like to see more take a look at her blog - in fact, I heartily recommend it, as you will see that we have ended up with such totally different pages! Sarah's reflects more of the kind of fun that we had whereas mine (I think) reflects our views on having and teaching children.



As you can see I'm no artist but I could see two spaces that were waiting for figures in them. Should I cut out from a magazine? or maybe draw then cut out my own(if it didn't look right then back to plan a)? Ummed and aahed then decided to just go for it! I mixed some Paper Artsy fresco paint to make a face then drew in hair etc using various pens. 
The quote is one I heard on a teaching seminar somewhere along the way and has somehow stuck - the thought being, that every child is different and although they need inspiration, advice and guidance they should be encouraged to think for themselves! 
We had a great time getting inky and catching up so Thank you Sarah for a such a lovely fun morning!
---------------------------------------------------
I still attempt to draw - not always acceptable to share though!
I am joining Elizabeth as she leads up to Bearthday with her fabulous art showing her commitment to using available resources!
The Second on the 2nd link is here...

…Elizabeth is sharing some amazing wind chimes! 

Thanks for looking, Chris

10 comments:

My name is Erika. said...

Love this second look. I think the drawing looks good-practice makes perfect as they say. Hope its a great new week-hugs-Erika

kathyinozarks said...

I really enjoyed your second look-have an awesome new week coming up
Hugs Kathy

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

This is WAY before my time, but I love this. I admit, it only barely looks like something Kate would make. I like yours better, because it doesn't look like a copy of Kate's style.

I really like that quote and the thought process behind it. You are so right in your assessment of children.

Thanks for sharing this second look on the 2nd. So glad you got home in time to share it with us.

Valerie-Jael said...

Great 2nd look, love the page you made. Hugs, Valerie

Brenda Brown said...

Great page Chris and so happy you shared it a second time xx

froebelsternchen said...

A fantastic second look dear Chris!
Happy new week to you!
oxo Susi

chrissie said...

A terrific page and a great choice for a second look

Love Chrissie xx

Redanne said...

Your work is always worth a second look Chris, I just love the quote - it is so very true! Hugs, Anne xx

Rita said...

Beautiful journal pages Chris. Loving the colours too. Hugs Rita xxxx

Marjut said...

Beautiful page.