Pearshaped

Pearshaped

Translate

Sunday 23 April 2017

A magical place!

By the time you see this I will be in my magical place - Paris!
To me it is always full of surprises - we try to visit a new part each time we visit as well as returning to old favourites.
To many it is the Eiffel Tower that is the focal point - to me it is the first sight of the Sacre Couer cathedral as we enter the city by train - hopefully with the sun shining on it! 
The background started with some Distress Oxides but I added quite a lot of stencilling and stamping to it.
The Sacre Couer stamp is an old Elusive Images one.I cut the macarons from some paper I kept from a bakery in Orleans a couple of years ago! I haven't had macaron for years so maybe this time I will treat us to one! I was using a TH clear text stamp when I spotted the quote in the same set, which seems very apt at the moment and I will be pleased to be taking some rest time while we are away!

Hoping to link to 
Art Journal Journey - where Hazel has chosen 'Magical Mystery Tour' as her fantastic theme    
and 
More Mixed Media's theme is Anything goes - with optional yellow

Thanks for looking, I will be home soon with lots of photos hopefully! Chris

13 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

Lovely page, have fun in Paris, and thanks for joining us at More Mixed Media, hugs, Valerie

Helen said...

I was right in my guess! hope you're having a fabulous time. Look forward to seeing the photos.

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous page Chris, I hope you have a wonderful time in my favourite city. Sacre Couer any day for me is the focal point...My most favourite place..xx

froebelsternchen said...

Your PARIS page is amazing - no wonder -- you were totally inspired of your upcoming visit there- I hope good weather, wonderful food and all the romantic moments will be with you there! ENJOY dear Chris and
keep in mind to make sure that you return home happy, healthy and with lots of unforgettable memories.
You are such an angel to support us so much with your wonderful art over at Art Journal Journey!
This is much appreciated!
hugs
Susi

chrissie said...

Wonderful Paris page again Chris. I hope all is peaceful there at the moment.

Enjoy your stay and stay safe.

Love Chrissie xx

Little Artbee said...

Wonderful Paris Page. Great tribute to a nice City.
Dear Greetings
Sabine

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Happy Birthday, dear T. Hope it's as magical as the city you and Chris are visiting right now.

And of course, the Paris inspired journal page is most impressive. What a fabulous and fascinating way to celebrate a birthday.

Meggymay said...

Hope you are having a great time in Paris and that you did get some macarons.
Yvonne xx

Redanne said...

How wonderful to be in Paris again Chris, it is such an inspiring city! I hope you were not near any of the troubles... Your page really is beautiful!

I see from Elizabeth's comment that it is your birthday, I hope you have had a wonderful day! Hugs, Anne xx

My name is Erika. said...

Hope you are having a wonderful time!

hazel said...

I hope you are having a wonderful time in Paris, your page is beautiful.
xxx Hazel.

Jeannette said...

wow,your paris page is lovely,i love this so much.
happy rest week.

hugs jenny

Let's Art Journal said...

What a wonderful Paris page to remind you of your favourite place! Have a wonderful time and Happy Travels! J🙂