Pearshaped

Pearshaped

Translate

Wednesday 19 April 2017

Catching up with Artmarking!!!

I am so enjoying Rae Missigman's 30 day Artmarks challenge 2 that is running at the moment! The prompts are really making me think - although I still don't feel that I am stepping too far away from my comfort zone - but then I stopped worrying about that a while ago!
Here are the next few…
Day 9 - the prompt was 'x'd'
Oxides, stencilling and some of my own x's
Day 10's prompt was 'horizontal' 
Stencilling over paint, paint added with credit card and brush handle, corry card and part of a currency exhange slip from hubby's past(he was all set to throw it away!)

Day 11 - the prompt was 'one' and one of my favourites - a piece of mop up paper towel from an Infusions page, the butterfly stamped using paint and a quote.

The prompt on Day 12 was 'erased'
Distress Oxides, repeat stamping of the words 'wonderful' and a world erased by scraps - I am constantly seeing the effects that rubbish thrown from cars is having on our environment!
Day 13's prompt - 'sketched' prompted me to draw the trees we had seen on one of our outings with family onto a Distress ink background
Day 14 and the prompt was 'vertical' I had prepared the page by stamping the black Carabelle studios stamp and then doodled in the others with some fine liners (belonging to my granddaughter) which I ran a water brush over before adding more in black. 

It is a great challenge which can be joined at any time! I missed the first set of Rae's challenges so may continue with these after this one finishes.

Thanks for looking, Chris


9 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

Fantastic pages and colours, glad you are having fun! Hugs, Valerie

Words and Pictures said...

That really does look like a great challenge - and it's clearly inspiring you. This is a post full of treats. I love your Xs - very pretty colours - and the horizontal and vertical pages are both great. Like you, I've a soft spot for the butterfly, but I think it's the fantastic Erase page (brilliant in concept and execution) and your delicious sketchy trees which are my personal favourites. Altogether fabulous.
Alison x

Meggymay said...

Chris it does look a great challenge to join in. All your pages look fantastic The prompts all seem to be good to get creative and enjoy what you are making.
Yvonne xx

Rita said...

Well Chris, this journal looks fabulous. So colourful and pretty. Each page tells its own story too. Not done much on mine at all, but watch this space. Hugs Rita xxxx

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

This looks like a fantastic challenge. I was most impressed by the Erased entry, but loved the Horizontal one, too.

I'll be opening my gift you sent at the restaurant tomorrow (today in your world). I know you'll be gone, but I just wanted to say thanks in advance.

Helen said...

will go and check this out - your pages look fab!

craftytrog said...

Fab pages Chris! xxx

froebelsternchen said...

Absolutely fantastic are your pages!

My name is Erika. said...

Fabulous pages. I love all the textures and the second one- and wow-such great colors. Hugs-Erika