Pearshaped

Pearshaped

Translate

Wednesday 12 April 2017

Another Magical Garden!

If you know me you will know how much I love gardens and of course birds! My page for Hazel's theme 'Magical Mystery Tour' at Art Journal Journey includes both!
I used a background I already had in my journal and added some blue paint to it.
Kim Dellow's 'flowers' were stamped and coloured and then I inked the row of birds from the same set individually to sit on them!
A magical time for me is when lots of the same variety of birds arrive at at caravan garden - like the Goldfinches last year so I coloured them all the same! 
I realised when I looked at the photo again that there is also a Chaffinch there and had a light bulb moment - Elena Zinski's bird thought they were friends of his but…!

I am going to be absent from my blog for a day or two - spending time with family, so I wish you all a Happy Easter!

Thanks for looking, Chris

15 comments:

chrissie said...

Your page and the photograph are both magical Chris

Love Chrissie xx

Valerie-Jael said...

Fun page and lovely photo. Happy Easter! HUGS, Valerie

froebelsternchen said...

An amazing page - I love your bord garden - cute and funny - beautiful! A wonderful photo!
Happy Easter dear Chris! Thank you for another fabulous page for Art Journal Journey! Thank you for all your support again!
Enjoy the days with the family!
oxo Susi

Helen said...

those birds in your journal are fab! they are such fun stamps. great shot from the garden, too.

Meggymay said...

Its a realy fun scene on your journal pages, the stamps are all so cute.
Loved the photo of the birds in the garden as well.
Yvonne xx

Anonymous said...

Journalpage is so very funny, i love it!
The birds in the Garden are sweet!
Greetings Elke

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I got a kick out of seeing the journal page with the birds all painted the same color. It is fun and lovely, too. This was not just well stamped, but tastefully colored and detailed, too.

Great photo. I didn't see the birds on the feeder the first time you showed this one. I know, sometimes you have to hit me on the head.

Let's Art Journal said...

Your birds are enjoying those pretty flowers ... ha ha! Such a fun and happy page :-) . Have a lovely time with your family and wishing you a Happy Easter too! J :-)

Inky and Quirky Designs said...

Ah this is so cute,some of my favourite stamps too ;)
hugs
Donna xx

Sandy said...

Oh Chris - you have no idea how much I love your art journal page. Magical and full of fantasy - Just the words make me happy!!
Wonderful Sugar!!
Sandy xx

hazel said...

A brilliant and fun page - I love your magical garden and I also love your photo of the birds. Happy Easter.
xxx Hazel.

Margik said...

What a super page Chris, the stamping is so fun... really fantastic.
Happy Easter!
Hugs, Mar

Words and Pictures said...

Gorgeous background sky... it's definitely "sky-blue-pink", that elusively lovely colour! Love your fab funky flowers too - definitely a magical garden. Hope you're enjoying a lovely Easter.
Alison x

Dortesjs said...

awsome love this,
i make mixed media to, and cards and paintings and decoupage maybe you like to come.
i will be a follower of your blog
your bird photo is very sweet to,we have lots of those birds in denmark.

My name is Erika. said...

I wish my garden was that much fun! Love this. Hugs-Erika