Pearshaped

Pearshaped

Translate

Tuesday 25 April 2017

T Stands for ………..

tired, which is why I am only just getting around to sharing any photos our Paris trip…….
 …...or for joining Bleubeard and Elizabeth for T Stands For Tuesday - we were up quite late last night - couldn't resist watching the latest episode of 'Line of Duty' which we had recorded - of course this morning we slept in, despite the unpacking, washing and shopping to be done!!!
I am going to start by showing you photos from Sunday, which was Hubby's birthday - he is officially  a pensioner now!
We started the day by a visit to the Flea Market we missed last year, we thought it strange that something so widely publicised looked like a market….
….until we saw the sign pointing to the right direction - unfortunately I was so busy looking on the stalls that I forgot to take photos! 
From here we caught the tram to Parc Montsouris - you may remember I loved this park the first time we visited in June 2015.





The RER track runs right through the middle of the park
We took different route than last time.
Then it was time for lunch(or rather brunch!)
We caught the Metro to Les Halles and walked up a road to the side.
We came across le Compass - offering a very interesting sounding Brunch

The drinks came as part of the meal, Hubby had a carrot juice while I had orange - we both had a coffee.
I had started eating when I remembered to take a photo - there is also a basket of bread on the table at the left.On our plates - a salmon mixture, which neither of us really liked so it didn't all get eaten, scrambled eggs and bacon, hash brown, brie, caesar salad, fresh fruit salad and a syrup pancake - good job we were doing lots of walking!
The inside was old industrial style..



When we came out there was a small dance troupe
We set off for a walk…just a few of the things we saw on the way.


Lots of roads are closed to traffic on Sundays.

This was one of my most exciting moments - years ago we used to love being in Paris to watch the Friday night Paris Roller. It seems it now takes place on Sundays too! 
Our last destination before heading to the hotel was to find the Vertical Garden - created by Patrick Blanc on Quai Branly - it was more difficult to find than we expected because the road name was misleading! 
 We finished with a picnic we had bought back in the Mairie sitting on a bench with a view of the sun on the Eiffel Tower!

 Hoping you haven't nodded off, as I am …I hope you don't mind if I don't visit until tomorrow!

Thanks for looking, Chris

17 comments:

kathyinozarks said...

a beautiful post-thank you for sharing your trip with us-everything looks beautiful and wonderful-your food looks delicious!
Happy T Day
Kathy

Dianne said...

It's all so very fascinating and exciting...love the assortment of scenic views and events you've shared! and I'm with you, I'd have slept in too! ;)
happy T day! ♥

Valerie-Jael said...

Fantastic photos, have BIG fun, happy T Day, hugs, Valerie

Helen said...

your photos of Paris could never have me nodding off- beautiful sights - hope there are more to come!

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I simply ADORE seeing Paris through your eyes and lens. T looks very happy with his carrot juice. I have to admit that's a strange meal (brunch) combination.

My favorites were the street scenes, the Vertical Garden, and the industrial style of the building where you ate.

Thanks for sharing your drinks and meals, as well as your Paris shots, with us for T this week.

Brenda Brown said...

Looks like you've had an amazing trip, so much seen and done and all documented beautifully here with such fabulous photos. Xxx

froebelsternchen said...

What a beautiful trip and post! AMAZING Chris! Thank you for sharing with us!
oxo Susi
Happy T-Day on Wednesday!

chrissie said...

Happy Birthday to your hubby and Haapy T Day to you

I could never nod off reading your posts they are always full of the things I would love to do or have already done. Thank you for always sharing the trips

Not the sort of food I would have chosen but it isn't easy to find my sort of food in Paris so maybe a good place for me to go and lose weight.

Love Chrissie xx

Let's Art Journal said...

Wow, it looks like you had the most amazing time in Paris! Happy belated birthday wishes to your hubby, what a wonderful day of celebration soaking up the ambience and seeing the sights :-) . Thanks so much for sharing beautiful Paris with us! Happy T Day this Thursday! J :-)

My name is Erika. said...

Happy belated birthday to the hubby. What a great place to celebrate. Paris! And it is so green there. Your photos felt like summer. Happy belated T day to you Chris. hugs-erika

Sandy said...

I sure did enjoy your pictures today Chris - you lucky lady. Do you know how long it would take me to get to Paris from here not to mention the cost!! Love your blog!
Sandy xx

Rita said...

What a fun vacation! :)

johanna said...

oh my, it have been quite some years since i was in paris - but you brought back memories. thanks for all those photos, i really enjoyed them.
happy belated t-day and rest of the week!!

nanskidrewski said...

Awesome photos, makes me wish I was there. You really captured so much. I was just saying you don't see people roller blading over here anymore, guess I do really need to get to Paris. Belated Happy T day.

Divers and Sundry said...

What a great trip! So many different kinds of exciting things!

Happy (late) T Day

Meggymay said...

Lovely photos Chris, it looks like you both were having a super holiday.
Yvonne xx

Neet said...

We have been to a couple of the parks in and around Paris but never been to the ones you have. They seem so lovely too. I must make a note of them and visit at some time in the future. I love city parks.
Hugs and Thanks for the photos and commentary.
Neet xx