Pearshaped

Pearshaped

Translate

Tuesday 14 April 2020

Stencil Fun!

Hi everyone! The sun is still shining here, although a little cooler than last week.
I have been playing with my stencils for our new theme at Try It On Tuesday - Have Fun With Stencils and I think the Design Team have had fun too - such brilliant inspiration - do take a look here!

Once again I got into the moment and totally forgot to show how I built up the layers....
...although it's probably not too difficult to see that I started with pale colours - by putting ink on my stencil and spritzing it to make a 'stamp' and used darker colours in the later stages.
I used two of my favourite Aall and Create stencils throughout and as I had decided that I wanted to use these white flowers designed by Tracy Evans I wanted to keep some white in the background.
The touches of turquoise are a happy accident, there must have been some ink still on the stencil!
I added random stamping to reflect the stencils and then added some opaque texture paste randomly to change the colours slightly as well as add texture.

The flowers were fussy cut and coloured and the words were from the same set and another of Tracy's sets.
All the flowers were then outlined in water soluble pencil and brushed with a water brush and I drew in pen lines around the words.

As usual our challenge runs for two weeks - the rules and conditions are here - I do hope you will join in the stencil fun at TIOT this time.

I am also linking my page to Art Journal Journey and Valerie's 'Geometric Shapes' theme.

Thanks for looking, Chris

15 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

Lovely page with great colours and texture, and lovely geometric shapes, thanks! And thanks for linking to AJJ, much appreciated. Happy T Day, hugs, Valerie

Elkes Lebensglück said...

a wonderful successful journal.
Interesting how you did it with the stencil and also the flowers. The words go with everything.
Have a good Day , Elke

Let's Art Journal said...

Wow, what a stunning page! The stencilling looks amazing and I love the soft colours that you used, so spring-like 😁. It looks like you had a wonderful time with those stencils! Wishing you a happy new week and keep well! Hugs, Jo x

Meggymay said...

I love the beautiful flower image against the stencil background. Its a fantastic page Chris.
Stay safe and keep well.
Yvonne xx

Marjut said...

You have created a very beautiful page.
Have a nice day!

My name is Erika. said...

Oh I like those flowers. What a cool stamp! And you created some gorgeous layers. It's nice to see so much flower art right now, isn't it? Thanks also for joining us at AJJ. HAppy new week. Hugs-Erika

Rita said...

Nice to see some pretty springy artwork. Snowed here again yesterday--LOL! ;)

Monika Zawadzka said...

Bardzo fajnie napisane. Pozdrawiam.

Helen said...

Beautiful art journal spread! LOVE all that stenciling to build up the texture in the background!!!! Hope you are staying safe!!! ((HUGS)) Helen

Mrs.B said...

This is such a happy page, and the white flowers really pop against your background.
Avril xx

Joan said...

Lovely page Chris, such pretty colours

Caty said...

This is a spectacular Art journal page Chris !! I loove the way you have created it, from pale colours to dark ones. The texture is amazing, and I loove these wonderful and happy flowers.
I wish you a very nice weekend, stay safe and well dear friend,
Big hugs, Caty

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I was SURE I left a comment yesterday, but it appears I was just thinking about it. I was particularly interested in the flowers with the numbers on them. They are fabulous and really made the blooms extra special for me. Thanks for sharing yet another lovely spread using Valerie's theme at Art Journal Journey, dear friend.

nwilliams6 said...

Love the colors and the flowers and the layers of circle and texture your added - I need to get better at that. Super lovely creation - very inspiring.

Words and Pictures said...

Fabulous bubbly stencilling in the background - especially love the textured layer - and the daisies are lovely.
Alison x