Pearshaped

Pearshaped

Translate

Thursday 23 April 2020

New stamps- new page!

Hi everyone, still here!
Yesterday was so full of bad news - heard of quite few deaths, including one of my youngest son's friends. The worse thing is that I can't even go and comfort him and his partner!

I am trying to stay positive and the used the other stamp plate from the Aall and Create set by Tracy Evans that arrived the other day! 
There is still so much to appreciate in each day, we are having some lovely weather at the moment, the blossom continues to appear at different rates, the buds on the trees are turning larger and greener. 
We also have food to eat and are lucky to enjoy each others company.
I do feel for those that are hungry or in bad relationships and are having to cope!

I used a combination of Aall and create  and Paper Artsy stamps to create the background, that of course started with some mop up ink!
I masked off the other vase and added more text.
I fussy cut the flowers and stuck them on as I wanted them to be white, although I changed my mind about that and added a touch of blue!
You can't tell from this photo but I used glossy accents on the vase. 
The words (from another set) were stamped either directly onto the page or onto white paper and added! Joy is Joyous cut down!

I am entering at Art Journal Journey and Valerie's Geometric Shapes theme!

Thanks for looking, Chris

9 comments:

kathyinozarks said...

Love your page Chris-beautiful

Valerie-Jael said...

That's a gorgeous page Chris, love those stamps. Sorry to hear about the bad news, that's all so sad. Take care of yourself, and thanks for linking to AJJ!. Hugs, Valerie

Helen said...

Sorry to see you've had that bad news, it is so inbuilt in us to offer physical support at times like this and that is what makes this so hard... take care
Beautiful page, however, I love that jar of flowers!

Meggymay said...

Its sad to hear the bad news that is effecting so many, I understand how you must be feeling not being able to give your son a hus.
Its a beautiful page Chris and a lovely new stamp, thank you for linking to Valerie's Art JOurnal Journey theme.
Stay safe
Yvonne xx

Iris Flavia said...

Heart-breaking when especially young people die and on top you cannot be there to support the ones who grieve...

A beautiful artwork this is! So positive. Hugs from here.

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Sorry to hear your bad news especially when it's someone so young. I am so in love with that stamp set from AaLL and create and I promised myself not to buy any more right now but it's getting difficult! Have a safe and happy weekend, Angela xXx

Rita said...

That's the hardest thing about this virus. You can't comfort the living or the dying. :(

I love your new stamps! Such a pretty page. :)

My name is Erika. said...

sorry to hear about your son's friend. This virus is so nasty. It is hard to stay positive sometimes. Love your page though Chris. I like that stamp image very much. It is a beauty and you created a joyful page with it. Thanks for sharing your page with us at ARt Journal Journey. Hugs-Erika

Words and Pictures said...

Oh no, I'm very sorry to hear the virus has hit so close to home - it's a terrible thing.

I do love Tracy's daisies, and there is joy and beauty in your page - and we need to hold on to those things too.
Alison x