Pearshaped

Pearshaped

Translate

Tuesday 28 April 2020

Black, White add one!!

Hi everyone! 
We have a new topic at Try It On Tuesday - we are asking you to use 'Black and White plus one other colour'
Please take a look at the different ways the Design Team have interpreted this theme here.

I decided on a quick make and made a card that I hope will lift someone's spirits during these awful Covid-19 times.

I stamped some text using white paint onto black card. The larger 'Believe' was trickier as it wasn't very well defined so I outlined with a white pen.
I turned to my box of die cuts for the flowers - the two white ones are by Memory Box, the green one is from a Tim Holtz set.

Finally, before mounting the black card onto a white card I added some white paint spatters.

I hope you will be joining us this time - the challenge is open for two weeks.
You have the chance to be one of our Top 5 (and also a possibility of being asked to Guest Design for us)

Take care and Thank you for looking, Chris

11 comments:

Helen said...

Gorgeous card Chris! I love the white on black.. always makes me happy! And your flowers just pop! Stay well!!! ((HUGS)) Helen

Let's Art Journal said...

Wow, such a beautiful card! I love your design with the black background and white splatters and script 😀. The pop of colour from the flower with the two white ones is perfect too! Happy wishes and keep well! Hugs, Jo x

Helen said...

that's a lovely card!

Caty said...

This is a so Gorgeous card dear Chris !! I loove it, and the way you have created the beautiful background with those white text. The flowers are wonderful. Great word, we need to believe now, that´s true. Great your Art at TioT, as always.
I wish you a very nice day, stay safe and healthy,
Caty

Cath Wilson said...

Love the idea of using the flowers that way, Chris. That pop against black is always much more striking than on white, but the mixed colour flowers add to the interest. Lovely card :-)
Cath x

Rita said...

Very pretty! The splatters really tied it all together. :)

Meggymay said...

A fabulous card Chris, I am loving the black background and the contrast it gives to the flowers.
Stay safe.
Yvonne xx

Karen said...

Love this ~ Fantastic layout and pop of one color ~ yellow ~

My name is Erika. said...

That is an amazing card Chris. That yellow really stands out against the black. Hugs-Erika

Mrs.B said...

A great card Chris, love your design and the flowers look fabulous.
Avril xx

Marjut said...

Beautiful card!