Pearshaped

Pearshaped

Translate

Saturday 25 April 2020

Look on the bright side!

I am trying to break out of my blue phase, not that blue isn't still my favourite colour but I thought it was time to brighten things up a bit!

We still aren't going out much - a walk around the grounds here and lots of dancing are my exercise at the moment but it looks so lovely outside!

This page sums up my feelings at the moment!
I smudged some brightly coloured paints over my page with my fingers - very messy but satisfying!
I added some stencilling using Aall and Create stencils then added some stamping(again A and C)
I used a scrap of ink splodged paper for the A and C cute stamps by Janet Klein  - again by Aall and Create and some bits from my hole punch!

I had a lovely surprise the other day. My lovely friend Helen rang me, I was so happy to hear her voice, then she told me she was in our carpark!!
When she came up to the walkway to our flat she was carrying the two things I had really been missing - fresh flowers and a huge bag of flour to bake with - how she knew that this was THE perfect gift I'll never know, but I am still smiling every time I pass these flowers in my hallway - so I see them a lot!
It was so good to have a face to face chat even from a distance!
The page was made before she came, and now I have even more reasons to look on the bright side!

I am entering at Simon Says Stamp Monday - Create a Scene
and 
Art Journal Journey and Valerie's 'Geometric Shapes' theme

Stamping Sensations April -Somewhere over the Rainbow

The Artistic Stamper Creative Team April Challenge - In The Garden

I hope you have some Reasons to be Cheerful to quote the song title!
Remember - Social Distancing is good for us...I keep telling myself!

Thanks for looking, Chris

13 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

Wonderful page Chris. How kind of Helen to visit you. The gifts are nice. I got gifted a packet of 10 rolls of toilet paper this week, wonderful! Social distancing is good, 24/7 alone is not so good. Thanks so much for making another page for my challenge at AJJ, much appreciated.

Helen said...

what a wonderful thing for your friend to do. I agree about fresh flowers, but when i do my shop I always have too much to carry to get flowers too. Love your page too.

My name is Erika. said...

She's a cutie and I share the sentiment. Her hair looks like flower petals and that makes her quote adorable. What a fantastic gift you received. Not only seeing a friend but flowers are cheery and full of joy and flour. Wow. I ordered some that took 3 weeks to ship and it is suppose to be here next week. Have fun! Happy rest of your weekend. Hugs-Erika

My name is Erika. said...

And I plum forgot to mention, thanks for joining us again at AJJ Chris.

brenda said...

Who ever thought we would get so excited about simple things like a bag of flour, but I've been exactly the same.

A lovely bright and cheery creation, many thanks for joining in with our 'Rainbow' theme at Stamping Sensations challenge.

B x

Let's Art Journal said...

Such a happy page! The colours and image are so cheery and fun, thanks for the smiles 😊. That was so nice of your friend, those tulips are so pretty and the bag of flour so thoughtful! Take care and happy weekend! Hugs, Jo x

Meggymay said...

The flowers and visit from your friend must have been a lovely surprise, we need this sort of thing happening to cheer us up
. I love the colour combination on your fantastic, fun journal page.
The image is so cute and quirky.
Stay safe and well.
Yvonne xx

Meggymay said...

Ooops I forgot to say thank you for linking to Valerie's Art Journal Journey theme.

Viv said...

Happy and colourful journal page - thanks so much for sharing with us at Stamping Sensations!

Elkes Lebensglück said...

A wonderful, happy side! oh gorgeous i love it! It's great that you could speak to your girlfriend and everything is ok!
Your bouquet is also a pleasure!
Take care, take care and have a nice new week, hugs Elke

Rita said...

What a true friend!! Flour and flowers!! Just what you needed.
Love your page, too. :)

nwilliams6 said...

Fun presents from a friend. Just a few months ago we would all never have thought a bag of flower would be a wonderful gift - but it is. I would love it too. Thoughtful friend. I love the little girl on your page. Fun page! Hugz

Words and Pictures said...

Blue is of course the best colour, but it's nice to try other things occasionally! Love your cheerful rainbow colours here, and the quirky, perky little character is very sweet. Happy tulips too. I'm enjoying my birthday roses and a big vase of lilac from the tree just by the garage every time I glance up from the laptop.
Alison x