Pearshaped

Pearshaped

Translate

Saturday 18 April 2020

An adventure!

Hi everyone! I hope everyone is well as we approach a new week in 'lockdown'.

I really expected the time to drag but I have been surprised how quickly the time is passing at the moment!
There's been very little time spent in my craft room, even though new stamps arrived this week.
We've have been busy sorting out(very)old paperwork - some that should probably not have come with us 8 years ago! 
I have also been enjoying cooking some new recipes! We miss eating out so have been trying new flavours and combinations and we often cook together too! There are of course tried and tested favourites some of which we take turns to cook!
Along with that there have been two birthdays this week and it was good to do some face to face calls too!

I started this journal page last weekend, but as I knew my new stamps were due I waited to finish it.

I used Aall and create stencils and stamps for the background and settled on pink, green and black...I realised I had been a bit heavy on the blues lately!

I had been waiting for Tracy Evans new big flower set - it's big - each image being A5 size.
I stamped it on my page and again on white paper to fussy cut.

I added punched circles and some white spatters!

I am entering at:-
Art Journal Journey - Valerie's theme  is 'Geometric Shapes'

The Artistic Stamper April Creative Challenge-In The Garden

Craft Stamper magazine - Take It Make It Challenge - April


Penny Black and More April challenge - Anything Goes

Stay safe! 
Thanks for looking, Chris

16 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

Gorgeous journal page and love the new stamps, so pretty. Thanks for linking again to AJJ, much appreciated. Have a good weekend and stay safe and well. Hugs, Valerie

Marjut said...

So beautiful page!

Linda said...

What a gorgeous journal page. The background looks fab, perfect way to show off that beautiful bloom. Thank you for playing along with the Craft Stamper challenge xx

My name is Erika. said...

I love this stamp set. It has some great images, which you used in such an amazing way Chris. This is a gorgeous page! Thanks for sharing it with us at Art Journal Journey. Hugs-Erika

brenda said...

A very pretty creation, the bloom really pops from the lovely inky background, many thanks for sharing with us at Penny Black and More challenge.

B x

Meggymay said...

I love your journal page Chris and guess what, those stamps dropped through my letter box on Saturday. Its a gorgeous flower image
Thank you for linking to Valerie's theme at Art Journal Journey.
stay safe.
Yvonne xx

Words and Pictures said...

What a gorgeous page with Tracy's new daisies... The b&w flower against the shadowy background is really eye-catching. Looking forward to seeing the bottle vases in action too!

I agree about time flying... and like you, I've been enjoying being creative in the kitchen, as well as being thrilled with the flourishing vegetable seedlings in my tiny courtyard garden. Crafting mojo seems to come and go, but overall I'm well aware how lucky I am in quite enjoying the lockdown so far.
Alison x

Rita said...

Beautiful Journal page Chris. I too have been addicted to Tracy's new stamps. Love them. Hugs Rita xx

Rita said...

Love those stamps and love what you did with the sunflower one! I have been busy doing other things, too. I thought I would be doing more creative stuff but have been sorting and cleaning and puttering instead. But that is a good thing in itself. ;)

Linby said...

What a lovely page, the flower looks like you could pick it off the page.
Thanks for sharing with us at Penny Black & More.
Lynn x
DT

Elkes Lebensglück said...

Gorgeous journal page!!!
Greetings Elke

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

I am so in love with this stamp set and the journal page is gorgeous. Happy creative week, Angela xXx

Mrs.B said...

A lovely page Chris and the flower looks stunning ion your background. I've just been treating myself to this too.
Avril xx

Karen said...

Terrific page with a wonderful sentiment ~ getting new supplies is always fun, especially these days! Enjoy

CJ Kennedy said...

Fabulous post and the large flower and quote are perfect. Every day is a new adventure especially at this time. Take care and Happy T Day

Dianne said...

Oh, your card is stunning! love how you've put it together, and the sentiment. I know what you mean about papers...they do seem to pile up! I should be cleaning closets or something, but no. still mostly just journaling...lol! have a fabulous week!