Pearshaped

Pearshaped

Translate

Sunday 26 April 2020

In the Pink!

No Blues today either!!! Hi everyone! I hope everyone is still well and safe!
I am finding more time to spend in my craft room and for blogging!

The only worry I had this weekend was wondering what replacements or non delivery of shopping items would occur with our (now) weekly delivery!
Most things did arrive and those that didn't haven't made a great difference to my meal plans for the week....yes I have started to plan meals 3 weeks ahead, booking a slot at midnight, 3 weeks before we need it is the only way we can get a delivery every week.
Luckily we have an option to change any items up to 24 hours before delivery!

As I said I am in the pink...
I used an acrylic block and Distress Oxides to make this background - lots of spritzing and moving the page around to get some drips then I used a stencil - inked and spritzed - to get a watery green contrast.

I love these new dies by Aall and Create, they cut up into different elements so easily. 
The Dragonfly and dots are by Sarah Nauman for Paper Artsy and I used some TH words to finish the page.

I am entering Art Journal Journey's theme 'Geometric Shapes', Valerie's theme this month!

This morning, as this die cut was one of my last that I had cut, I sat with some random papers and did a lot more die cuts, using all three A and C die sets.

I now have a variety of colours to use!

Do take care everyone.

Thanks for looking, Chris




11 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

Wonderful page Chris, love all the patterns in the background, and the die-cuts. Lovely colours, too. Thanks for linking again to AJJ, much appreciated. Sorry you have to wait so long for your groceries to be delivered, sounds complicated. I'm very happy that Nathalie is doing my shopping, she is a treasure. Have a good week ahead, take care, hugs, Valerie

nwilliams6 said...

How cool you can get your food delivered even if you have to do it far in advance. No one wants to come out to us so far in the country - lol.

Wonderful page. I love the colors, dies, and stamps. I want those dies!!! How fun to have a bunch of dies cuts now - helps on those days you don't want to drag out the cutting machine.

Helen said...

glad you are getting your food online, I have given up trying to get slots and just go out once a week for it.... so far so good, both supply wise (shelves are better stocked) and health wise... hope it stays that way as I don't think we'll be back to normal for a while! Great page for the latest theme

Iris Flavia said...

Just yesterday I made pink boiled eggs for Hubby to take to work :-)
He only eats them if good-looking, next will be blue.

We still go shopping, but with masks now.

Good quote! Very nice work, too. Yes, let´s take care, hugs, Iris

Words and Pictures said...

Very happy to hear you are in the pink, not feeling bluesy! The pink page is really great with all those fabulous drips and dribbles and funky black accents and images. So full of movement. I tend to die-cut as I go - the idea of having lots of them ready to go in advance is really appealing, but somehow I never get round to it.
Alison x

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I absolutely adore your latest journal page. I love that you are in the pink and in good spirits, too. Nice way to create a journal page, indeed. This is really precious and fabulous for Valerie's theme at Art Journal Journey.

When I borrow my friend Kathy's dies and cutter, I spend three days doing nothing but cutting. It's always great to be able to reach for the letter or whatever you are looking for. I think that's a wise plan, my friend.

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Forgot to mention, my friend Scott went to the grocery store and as he walked the aisles, I told him what I needed. I also asked the cost, so I didn't pay for something I really couldn't afford. I gave my friend Sally a list for Sam's. I was surprised when she came back with FOUR containers of cat litter. She said there was no limit and she was able to get the four I had requested. Happy dance, because litter is like their toilet paper. They go through a LOT more litter than I go through TP. This was the first time I've had to purchase food and litter since I went into isolation on March 14.

My name is Erika. said...

That is a super die Chris. Nice find.I love how it combines the gears with the hexagon/honeycombs. ANd it is a super page. Thanks for sharing it with us at AJJ. Hugs-Erika

Elkes Lebensglück said...

wonderful beautiful page, as creative as you are and getting the food is secured at least for you and the planning is so important then. I am glad that I can go shopping but also not every day I plan ahead now.
Take care and stay healthy, hugs Elke

Caty said...

Your page is just Amazing dear Chris !! Looove it, the colours are so beautiful, as the dragonfly stamp and every detail. Great design !
Have a very happy day, stay safe, and biig hugs,
Caty

Meggymay said...

A fabulous page Chris, I like you new die cuts, I think we both have been treating ourselves recently to these products.
I know what you mean about the on line shopping, it is hard to get a slot fingers crossed we stay lucky.
Stay safe and well.
Yvonne xx