Pearshaped

Pearshaped

Translate

Saturday 28 March 2020

Turning Green

Hi everyone, what a strange week this has been.

I have learnt to get to grips with WhatsApp, something I had heard of but never seen. 

We have spoken to our friends (my ex SIL and BIL) in France, where things are pretty much the same as they are here! What a joy to was to see them both!

I have got all of my Crafty Individuals samples ready for the Hochanda show, most have now been posted.

I haven't been in a garden except for a walk around the block here where the leaves are definitely turning green with all the sun we have had.
We did have a bit of a scary walk to the post box yesterday when we didn't expect quite so many folk to be out!

I have sat out on our balcony, something we haven't done for a long time as we didn't like the chairs, however, as our eldest son can't cart them off to France yet we have put them up again, it's cramped and we never got around to the redecoration and decluttering but hey! ho! ..it's pleasant enough with the windows open and we think it will be our reading area for the duration of our 'confinement'

The highlight was seeing my youngest son, who rang me one morning and asked could he please donate a whole load of food to our neighbours here in the retirement complex - I put him in touch with the manager and the result was that he arrived with enough ham, cheese, and bread rolls for everyone. He delivered ours himself by putting it outside our door and retreating back along the walkway so that we could open the door for a chat. It was a very emotional moment when he and his partner left.

Now,I know you are going to ask, so the reason for this food donation was that his bosses at Greggs had asked him to find some way of not wasting it as they were having to shut the shop down.  Our manager was delighted and had great fun delivering the gifts herself and from the phone calls it seems a lot of folk were really grateful of the gift.

Okay, so, I apologise,  I'm rambling...my real reason to be here is to show you my latest journal page for Art Journal Journey and Eileen's 'Green' theme
When I first saw Eileen's theme my first though was of this Green Man stamp that I bought from Lavinia Stamps over year ago - I confess to never showing it to the ink pad even though it is one of my favourite images! We used to love to go to Southwell Minster near Nottingham where there are lots of Carved Green Men.
I had lots of mop up greens from stencils so stamped the image, added some Crafty Individual trees and some leaves from the GM set.
I added some images cut from a magazine and added the quote and some spatters.

I have much more to show you on Tuesday, maybe pics of that walk around our garden, and some of the meals we have had. Hubby has obliged with a photo! I will also show you something I am keeping my eye on!

For now, stay safe and enjoy your weekend, Oh Yes!!! It's the weekend.

Thanks for looking, Chris 


12 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

Lovely page, I have a similar green man stamp - if I can find it! WhatsApp is very useful I use it a lot, saves a lot of costs. Things are crazy all over the world just now. I hate staying home, but it has to be. Kind of the shop manager to donate all that food, that was a good surprise. Have a great weekend in spite of it all,Hugs, Valerie

pearshapedcrafting said...

My son is the shop manager for a chain of a sandwich/snack company! The big bosses gave the order for shops all over the country - I think the managers made their own decisions as to where the food would go locally

Elkes Lebensglück said...

I think it's great to donate with the food. Nice to use these power trees in the journal was a wonderful idea!
I wish you a good time and take care of yourself stay healthy, Elke

My name is Erika. said...

I feel so less alone reading everyone else's stories about the virus. It is comforting (in a strange way) to see we are all connected and in the same boat. Hopefully we will all float also. Thanks for sharing this great page at AJJ for Eileen's green challenge. I love the green man image a lot. It is a really cool page. Stay healthy and hope you aren't going too crazy with the confinement. Hugs-Erika

Helen said...

Great page, and well done on your son's boss with the donation. It's very quiet and quite lonely here on my own even though I am working from home so in touch a bit during the day with the office. Still got to try and stay sane!

Meggymay said...

I can relate to your feelings seeing your son, our youngest called to drop off some essentials earlier this week. HE called us on the mobile phone from outside the porch and we stood in the hallway talking to him where we could see him through the windows, the eldest did the same yesterday. It was a strange feeling and I would have loved to give them a hug.
So many of us feel the same way , my heart goes out to those who live alone.
Your art journal page looks fantastic and the green man needed to be inked its a great image. Thank you Chris for linking to Eileens Art Journal Journey theme.
Stay safe and well.
Yvonne xx

Words and Pictures said...

What a great gesture by Greggs - and how lovely that it was down to your son's suggestion and that he got to come and do the delivering. We dropped off some shopping on the doorstep for my brother's family (mild fever in the house) and spoke to him through the window - so I know exactly what you mean about the emotions. Glad you've been in touch with your friends in France. I have spoken/Skyped/Facetimed/Whatsapped with more friends here in the UK and around the world in the last couple of weeks than I usually would in a month of Sundays!

I love your Green Man - it's such a powerful image and always has such presence - and the layered trees and leaves are the perfect setting for him. Fabulous page.

Stay safe.
Alison x

nwilliams6 said...

Loved your story of your son's generosity. It is an emotional time and one we can all use to reconnect with people however possible.

Love your image and your page - lots of cool designs and interesting details. Always great to pull out long neglected images - I did a lot of that this week.

Lovely post - now off to check out your others. Be well and stay safe.

Rita said...

What a wonderful donation!!
And a visit is a visit even at a distance. :)
I hope you find some way to make those chairs more comfortable because you could put them to good use. I plan to sit out on my patio more than I ever have--LOL! ;)


Mrs.B said...

Love your Green Man hiding in the trees Chris, very dramatic. A lovely gesture from your son to bring to fresh food to your complex, and that you were able to have a chat in 'person'. WhatsApp is a lifeline at the moment, especially the video calls, but it's not the same as a hug.
Stay safe, Avril xx

froebelsternchen said...

A fantastic donation!!!

And a beautiful page CHris!
Stay safe!!!
Big hugs, Susi

Eileen Bergen said...

What a generous and touching thing your son did. Tears came to my eyes as I read it.

Wow - I love your green page and the Green Man stamp. I'm so happy you finally got to use it for my green theme. I hope to see it again.

Thank you for sharing another wonderful page at Art Journal Journey.

Have a Lovely Sunday. Stay safe and well.

Eileen xx