Pearshaped

Pearshaped

Translate

Tuesday 24 March 2020

T Stands For - the last trip to the garden centre

Well, here it is TSFT day already...
I did promise to continue the tour of the garden centre last week
so shall walk a little further. Grab a drink...we going shopping..and it could take a while! All pics will enlarge if you click on them!
Update - Just had e-mail to say that they are shutting their doors to customers but that plants and animals will be looked after until they re-open
I didn't see any of these on our last trip in the outside area.





 I don't think I would like any of these in a garden of mine but had to curb hubby's enthusiasm when he thought of putting on on our balcony - we have few enough birds around as it is without scaring the remaining ones off!!
Lots of baskets by the door of the gardening area.. 
...lots of seed packets...
 ...a whole range of gardening gloves

...tools and bins, and on to home and clothing...


...toys and games...
and more clothing...for the great outdoors here.
Next is a large area dedicated to garden living, including barbecues.






This next area often has rabbits and guinea pigs..
...I wonder if Bleubeard and Squiggles would find something here?

Back through another doorway - the Wet Floor sign has been there for quite a while
Now, to one of my favourite areas....
 ....cards, surely I'm not the only one to get some inspiration in card shops?
 Books, including childrens and cookery books

 Candles, smelling lovely!
 Next, through the cook shop with lots of temptation..

 ...and then the food area - with even more temptation...


 Oooh! I feel a sugar rush coming on just looking at these!!!
 I'll pass on the pies too but sure to weaken on the cheese!
Oh! and its here I will point out my ticket to T Stands for Tuesday the Weetwood Ales are made by a small local brewery. They have interesting names.


This Frozen food range makes one of our favourite pasta bakes that was always a standby at our caravan...it's in the freezer now as a standby in case we are ill and can't get food!
Finally there is this temptation on the way to the tills!

The sign at the back that says 'The Kitchen' is where the coffee shop and restaurant are.

I hope that this has been an enjoyable visit - we will miss browsing shops for the next few months so feel free to come back here for another look anytime!

If you want a smile take a look at my previous post at what was found by one of my boys the other day and put onto Instagram!

Thanks for looking, Chris 



18 comments:

Let's Art Journal said...

Fabulous, it was so much fun looking around the garden centre with you 😊. Take care and sending Happy T Day wishes! Hugs, Jo x

Valerie-Jael said...

That's a huge shop. I love browsing garden centres and home stores. No chance of even getting to a store in the next few weeks, but Nathalie did my shopping today, bless her, so I am well stocked up. Life has changed rapidly, and it won't be back to normal for some time, so we have to make the best of it. I'm enjoying lots of reading time. Stay safe, hugs, Valerie

kathyinozarks said...

Wow this is just the best garden shop that I have ever seen, so much selection-I would be shopping there for sure hugs Happy T and stay well hugs Kathy

Mrs.B said...

It looks a fabulous garden centre Chris and somewhere we will all miss visiting, I was just thinking we'll be short of plants for the garden this year.
Stay safe, Avril xx

Linda Kunsman said...

wow- this is one fantastic garden shop!!! Absolutely something for everyone...and those napkins- be still my heart- I'd want em all:):) Happy T day!

Divers and Sundry said...

That garden center is _huge_! I'd enjoy spending a few hours there. I might get lost ;) Happy T Tuesday!

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I'm SO in love with that garden center. I would NOT make it out of there without spending more than I wanted to (grin). All so very tempting, too. The boys aren't so sure about wood chips for litter, though. They prefer what they have.

Loved the look around and enjoyed the beer you shared, too. Thanks for taking us one final time to the garden center before it was eventually shut down. Thanks for sharing these wonderful photos and the beer you shared for T this Tuesday, dear friend.

Halle said...

WOW!! that place is amazing! I'd need a big cart and end up with a light wallet walking out of there.

Kate Yetter said...

I have never seen such an amazing garden center! It certainly has a little bit of everything. My favorite is that beautiful wicker egg chair and the decor section. And the cheese would definitely be a weakness of mine! YUM!
I loved going on the tour with you.
Happy Tea Day,
Kate

My name is Erika. said...

It was fun to shop without having to worry about being 6 feet away from people or catching a virus. That garden center was making me drool too. Spring just doesn't want to come to New Hampshire. I hope you had a super T day and are still washing your hands. Hugs-Erika

J said...

Chris I enjoyed the visit, can't believe what garden centres in England sell nowadays! I love all those animals and lovely garden furniture, we were going to replace ours this year, not sure when that will be exactly but the old ones will have to do for now.
Have a good week, I'm late posting, we were busy sweeping water from our tiled garden, it was like a second swimming pool around the swimming pool, sunny today though so it's all good;
Jan x

Anne (cornucopia) said...

Wow, that place has a great selection of items! I liked several of those statues but you're right: some of them would scare off the birds coming to my bird feeder. Connecticut US animal rehabilitation centers have put into place contingency plans, to care for the animals they have. (That didn't even occur to me, that it also needed to occur, during a situation like this one.) Happy belated T-Day!

Meggymay said...

Thank you for the trip around the garden centre with you Chris. It does look like a place I would love to visit and browse, We will miss these places as the weeks go by, but it necessary to do as we are told.
Stay safe and well.
Yvonne xx

Lisca said...

Thank you for taking me through the garden centre. I do so miss the large English garden centres. I used to spend a day there with a girl friend (or two) and we would have coffee or lunch even and wander around the clothes area, get inspiration in the craft area (and spend, spend). Also the gift department is always very nice. Many a gift came from a garden centre.
Stay safe dear friend,
Happy (belated) T-Day,
Hugs,
Lisca

Rita said...

That is a place a person could wander half the day! Wow!
Thanks for sharing. Stay safe! :)

Eileen Bergen said...

Thank you for the window shopping fix, Chris. Your garden center is amazing!

Stay safe and well.

Happy T-day! Eileen xx

Words and Pictures said...

What a fabulous garden centre! So much to see in all the various departments. We have a similar one a little way off, but lots of it is rather overpriced. We only buy things during the sales!

I'm glad we did our dash to Homebase to pick up compost and seeds before everything shut down... our first little seedlings are just unfurling in the kitchen, less than 72 hours after planting... it's so satisfying. And will hopefully add to the food supplies in a few weeks' time.
Alison x

nwilliams6 said...

Oh my gosh, I want to go to this store! I want a bunch of those outdoor animals - how fun! It is good this store is a long way from me or it would be costly for me. TFS!!!