Pearshaped

Pearshaped

Translate

Monday 18 June 2018

A bicycle made for my three - a new SSSM challenge

Hi everyone! 
The month is whizzing by and I am here again joining the brilliant Design Team at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge for our new theme 'Transport it'

When I first saw the bicycle made for three on Tim Holtz Stampers Anonymous Theories set I immediately thought back to when my three boys used to share their garden toys - I recall we had a tractor,a pedal car, a scooter,a couple of bikes(different sizes)
Of course there were times when they all wanted to get onto the same one but it was always sorted easily!
I wanted to make them something to give to them on Fathers Day (Yesterday at our family gathering)to remind them of those days! I wrote a message on the back of each one which made them smile! 
I started with some Tim Holtz Idea-ology 12x12 Lost and Found paper
in different colours, which I stuck onto some rescued packaging card.
I added a variety of stencils mainly by AALL and create (stencils 17,12) and a Dylusions stencil - old school alpaha 
I used AALL and create stamp 10 using Walnut Stain Distress Oxide Ink
I used my trusty Crop-a-Dile to make holes in the tops for some twine to hang them
I painted some little boxes that I have had in my stash for a while using Paper Artsy Fresco paints
 I left them to dry while we had lunch....
 ...and then scraped on some Paper Artsy crackle glaze After that we went to the cinema to see Jurassic World which had quite spectacular sequences but an absolutely preposterous storyline(imho). 

When we got home I painted over all of the boxes with a pale blue paint - you can see how quickly this crackle forms as the first one was already crackling really well before I had painted them all!

Next I cut a Seth Apter die not the one here but there is a good choice in the store.
I used a lot of different Paper Artsy Fresco paints to get a rusty effect and did the same onto one of the elements from the  Tim Holtz Sizzix Mixed Media thinlets die
I painted around the edges of some torn corrugated card with Paper Artsy White Fire Fresco paint 
I decided to stamp the Bicycle on some book paper - as you can see it does depend on which paper you use - I wanted to use my Tales of King Arthur book but I got a better image on the smoother nutrition text book I used to use in college.
I tore around the edges and stuck it onto the corrugated card.
At this point I used Espresso Distress ink to edge the coloured boards and the corrugated card and a lighter colour Brushed Corduroy to edge the boxes.
It was then just case of assembling and adding various Idea-ology bits and pieces.Tim Holtz Idea-ology- paper clips hinge clips  Small Talk words




The challenge gives you the chance to be in the spotlight as well as a very generous voucher to spend in the Simon Says Stamp store
Here are some links if you want to see the whole ranges of:-

Tim Holtz Idea-ology
AALL and Create
Tim Holtz stamps
Tim Holtz Sizzix
Paper Artsy Fresco paints

Thank you for looking, Chris





24 comments:

Cath Wilson said...

Ooh, excellent, Chris! You're right - the crackle works so quickly... one to remember :-)

Love this idea and love your use of the corrugated packaging :-)

Cath x

Lorraine A said...

Fabulous wall hangings Chris! I am sure your boys loved them! what a special gift to share on Fathers day 💙
The backgrounds are awesome and I love the crackled effect, very cool :-)
BRILLIANT work my friend :-)

luv
Lols x x x

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Stunning entry for this week's SS challenge. You have created a genuinely beautiful set of wall hangings for your three boys. I am so impressed with the process and loved the way you show how each layer was created. These turned out super. You have put a LOT into these three beauties and I bet your three boys were more than pleased with their gifts, too.

Valerie-Jael said...

Fantastic projects,I can imagine that you made your men very happy with them! Have a great afternoon, hugs, Valerie

Eileen The Artful Crafter said...

These are fabulous, Chris. I would have sworn they were wood plaques. Gosh, you are so clever and talented. I don't know much about the SSS rues. How long are you in the Designer spotlight? I just love everything you've created for them.

Helen said...

what a fabulous project, Chris.. they look fantastic.

Meggymay said...

Fabulous projects Chris, your sons will love the gifts. I'm sure they will have many memories as you do of their childhood days.
Yvonne xx

Meihsia Liu said...

Love your fabulous project, Chris. The texture and embellishments you created are so beautiful. :)

My name is Erika. said...

These pieces are gorgeous Chris. I think your sons and their garden toys were nice inspirations. ANd contracts again on being part of the Design Team at Simon Says Stamp. Hugs-Erika

Macarena said...

What a fabulous set and a memory of your sons' childhood. Great colors, patterns and variety of material and textures. The wooden blocks are stunning and give such a dimension. Hugs, Marzena

Astrid Maclean said...

What wonderful memory plaques, for want of a better word.... Each one is brilliant and a great step out of how you put them together too!

froebelsternchen said...

Just brilliant dear Chris! These plaques are simply AMAZING!And a great tutorial as qwell ! Thank you!

Mrs.B said...

A fabulous project (or three) and I'm sure your sons loved them. Loved seeing how these came together, thanks for sharing.
Avril xx

Stephanie said...

Wow! These wall hangings are so cool, Chris! I love how you varied the background color but kept some other aspects pretty consistent like the stamp layered backgrounds and the cool use of texture with the corrugated board!

*mwah*
Steph
Simon Says Stamp!

Let's Art Journal said...

Wow Chris, you have been busy and I loved seeing how you created these pretty wall hangings too! All the details you created are amazing, I love the crackle paint and rusty effects 😁. The little bulldog clip is the perfect finishing touch too! Wishing you a happy week! J 😊 x

Redanne said...

Chris they are wonderful, how amazing that there are three cyclists, your boys must have been so thrilled to receive these hangings! Fabulous projects! Hugs, Anne xx

Maura said...

What a beautiful gift for your sons, Chris! Love the story behind them, and they are awesome, from the stamping to the wonderful backgrounds you made. hugs, Maura

craftytrog said...

Wow! These are fabulous Chris! xxx

Anna-Karin said...

These are wonderful! Such great gifts, bringing back fun memories. I love the backgrounds you made and all the special details on these three projects.

Emma Williams said...

These are fabulous Chris and I'm sure your boys loved them! There are so many lovely details and I love how you've built up the layers and bought each one of them to life! x

Kath Stewart said...

love your trio of wall hangers Chris, so much beautiful detail and texture and I'm sure your boys loved them too, hugs kath xxx

Zoey | Scrapsaurus said...

Such a beautiful trio!! Love the colors!

Sandra said...

These hangings are amazing, Chris! Love them and the stamp with the corrugated cardstock behind them are so cool! Hugs, Sandra

Barbara said...

Stunning project ! that trio is fabulous , your use of Tim's stamp and Seths die is incredible! love them! Barbara