Pearshaped

Pearshaped

Translate

Tuesday 17 March 2020

Green, green..la ...la ..la.la

Hi everyone, I know it's only a matter of hours since my last post here(my TIOT post)but I am here with some greenery!
I thought at first when I made this page that the Tracy Evans flowers looked bit like shamrock but now realise that they are nothing like! 
I used a piece of mop up from the workshop I went to the other week and added some Aall and create stencilling with some very tired crackle paste and then decided to just go with inks! I added some delicate stamping in greens and some words from the same stamp set!
I think the darker ink stain looks like a clump of grass!

I am of course joining Eileen at Art Journal Journey and her 'Green' theme.
I would also like to join in at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
where they also asking us to 'Use Some Green'

Last week we went over to Styall Mill Garden for a walk in the fresh air - it was fresh indeed especially when we entered at the top of the gardens!
It was so good to see new growth!



A new visitor centre and cafe is being built - it looks huge!











From here we went on to Notcutts Garden Centre that we visited the other week.
We have wanted to look around the garden outside the cafe for a while but it has not been the weather for it!

First I will join Bleubeard and Elizabeth for T stands for Tuesday!

This photo though was taken on the last occasion we went,it was for the offer I mentioned in a previous TSFT post when I showed you outdoor photos of part of the garden centre!
They were serving a choice of different sausages with peas, mashed potato and onion gravy, we shared a plate of veggies and as you can see we had water to drink!
You can see the garden behind hubby.
Here it is...


 The stag needed a hair cut!
 We peeped around the corner and saw the back of the Aquatic centre that we see from the car park - we still haven't been in here!




 A rhubarb patch!

We think it would be nice to sit here with our coffee.....one day....
 Back through the hot tub area. 

I will stop here but one day I will show you the photos I took inside!

Meanwhile, stay safe, wash your hands when you have been in public places and try to sleep well! 

Thanks for looking, Chris 

21 comments:

kathyinozarks said...

beautiful post Chris, beautiful journal page and loved all the spring green in the photos happy T and stay well and safe Happy T Kathy

froebelsternchen said...

Simply gorgous -- your page is beautiful and I enjoyed these photos so much!
Happy T-Day and stay well dear Chris!

Susi xxx

Let's Art Journal said...

I'm loving your page! The white flowers looks so pretty against your amazing background 😀. I enjoyed walking with you too, it looks like a lovely spring day and the sausage and mash looks delish - yum! Take care and sending you happy T Day wishes! Hugs, Jo x

CJ Kennedy said...

Thanks for letting met tag along on your walk. The green spaces are a lot nicer than my back yard. We got a dusting of snow this morning so everything and very cold and grey. I also found the saying on your green page very uplifting. No matter what's going on in the world, we're responsible for what we make of the time given. Thanks for the beautiful reminder. Happy T Day and take care.

Elkes Lebensglück said...

Beautiful your journal, great as the flower you designed with the great background.
The garden is very beautiful and you brought wonderful photos with you from the walk!
Happy Day, Elke

Linda Kunsman said...

I love your pretty journal page Chris- and I certainly see the resemblance of a shamrock in the flowers:) What's not to love about wandering through gardens, and how nice to see things beginning to bloom and grow. Hubby looks quite happy about what he's about to eat:) Looks like it was delicious!
Happy T day!

Karen said...

Beautiful creative journal page with an uplifting sentiment. Thanks for the walk around ~ I love the wooden bridge and all the daffodils ~ Blessings and creative wishes sent your way!

Eileen Bergen said...

Great green page, Chris. Thank you for sharing it with us at Art Journal Journey.

Beautiful signs of spring photos. The garden ceneter has a hot tub area?! How neat.

Happy T-day! Eileen xx

Helen said...

great post! glad you are still getting out. Love your non-shamrock green page!

Meggymay said...

A lovely post Chris and super photos from your walk, the sausage and mash looked very tempting an idea for a meal later in the week. Your journal page looks fantastic and the white flowers look so pretty against the green background. Thank you for linking with Eileen's theme at Art Journal Journey.
Stay safe and look after yourselves
Yvonne xx

My name is Erika. said...

Those flowers may not look exactly like shamrocks but they do look like some delicate spring blooms.Nice journal page for And spring is the theme of your page and the theme of your post. How exciting to see all those spring blooms. Take care of yourself and stay healthy. And happy belated T day. Hugs-Erika

Anne (cornucopia) said...

Great assortment of photos. This looks like a lovely place to go for a walk. It is nice to see the Spring growth of the plants. Stay healthy and safe.

Lisca said...

Thank you for taking us on a walk. (so much the more because we are confined to our house). It's lovely to see new growth.
Your sausage dinners look really nice. I think I will treat my hubby to sausage and mash this week. You have inspired me.
Happy T-Day my friend,
and stay safe,
Hugs,
Lisca

Rita said...

Pretty page and what a gorgeous place to visit. :)

Mrs.B said...

Lovely photos Chris, it's nice to see the new green shoots coming through.
Love the journal page with the mop up background, pleased it didn't end up in the bin!
Avril xx

Iris Flavia said...

Beautiful and weee. I haven´t had peas for such a long time!!! Next week! (Guess Hubby cannot have them, health-wise).

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I was amazed you ventured out like that. At least, everything looked deserted. We have been told to stay home, but I'm glad you were able to get out and enjoy the day at two garden centers.

They have closed all the restaurants in the states, except for drive through and take out. No one can eat in anymore. Please stay safe because this COVID-19 scares me. Your meal looks lovely. I love onions like that and I looked for peas at the grocery store on Wednesday, but there were none. Thanks for sharing your garden center(s) adventures and your meals and water with us for T this past Tuesday. I'm SO sorry I'm late. Now I'm off to see what else I've missed.

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Holy cow. I completely forgot to thank you for sharing your lovely journal page with us using Eileen's theme at Art Journal Journey. I don't know where my mind is, but it's sure not here, I fear.

Gerrina said...

Your AJ Page looks so beautiful!
And it is so nice to follow your journeys with the pics! I do enjoy them! (Espesially now...) Hugs, Gerrina

Words and Pictures said...

Brilliant use of your mop up paper towel - the stencilling brings it to life as a perfect setting for those charming flowers - lovely page. Glad you got some outings in while you still could... The vegetable plot made me smile... Cestina and I are about to plant up some troughs with vegetable seeds (lots of lettuces, plus various other easy/quick growers) to provide some additional vitamins in the weeks/months to come. Hope they sprout this well!
Alison x

nwilliams6 said...

Just now catching up - it has been a hard few weeks, but things are settling in for our new norm. Wonderful journal page - love the flowers and that you did them in white. They look fab on your fun background. Love your pictures - I want to go there!!!!