Pearshaped

Pearshaped

Translate

Tuesday 3 March 2020

T Stands for the mixture...of AJJ, TSFT, SLOT2!


Hi everyone, this post is going to cover a lot so I hope you have time to settle down for a while! 


Last month was one of the busiest we have had for a long time, there were only two empty spaces on our calendar!
I am starting the month with two nice outings which I will post afterwards!

I will record it in my Calendar Journal, which I am going to link to Art Journal Journey and Eileen's 'Green' theme.
Here are my March pages
 Here are my February pages all filled in

This post is also about T Stands For Tuesday, the weekly link up at Bleubeard and Elizabeth's Altered Book Lover blog. 

A few weeks ago after an appointment we visited a local Garden Centre. We had had a very early breakfast so treated ourselves to tea and cake for hubby and Americano coffee with a scone for me.
A few days after this photo hubby came back from the hairdressers with  a restyled look...needless to say it is back to normal now!
We both got the giggles about what the young stylist had done, this is one of the few that hasn't got camera shake!

Today is the 2nd of March so I will also join in with Elizabeth's invitation to show something from my blog past!

I usually choose something close to the 2nd of the month for my revisit but a lot of photos have disappeared from way back so I looked at March 2014 and found that there were some photos of our trip to Venice on my post for the 31st March and, as I enjoyed looking at them, I thought you might too!

         _________________________________________ 
As promised more photos- a lot!!!!
On our first afternoon in Florence we walked from the hotel with the intention of booking in for the next day at the Uffizi. We found our way down to the Arno and walked along by the river. Along the way we spotted a church across a little piazza and couldn't resist a look inside. The Church was The Chiesa di Ognissanti and from the outside looked quite small.....
 ...now bearing in mind that this was the first church I had visited in Florence can you imagine how I felt when I walked in?
This was the sight that greeted me! Hmmmm!
The little chapels around the sides were amazing and then to find that one of the paintings on the wall had been done by Botticelli....guess what, I was so enthralled that I forgot to take a photo of it!
We had a coffee after that and by the time we reached the Uffizi even though it was before the time that they should have sold tickets the man refused to serve us! (We queued for an hour and twenty minutes the next day, fortunately it went quite quickly!)
On the way to find something to eat hubby took this fabulous photo just as it was getting dark and the buildings were lit up.

The next day we enjoyed our visit to the Uffizi - we were there quite a while and despite hubby's usual attitude to anything arty he was just as taken as I was! I'm not including any photos here as I don't want to spoil it if you get to visit yourself and most paintings are fairly well covered in books and Internet if you care to look.
This is the entrance to the Palazzo Vecchio - another truly stunning place!

Remember the picture of the inside of San Miniato al Monte in my previous post - this is the view from the steps going up to it. We caught a bus to Piazalle Michaelangelo the realised that the stop before was actually near the foot of the steps. We walked up to the church from the other side and I was quite disappointed considering that the church had been recommended to us by a local - then we found that it was the wrong church so back down we went and up another set of steps to the right one!!! Result ...and a half!!!!

Some interesting characters here too, just in front of the church
The wrong church!!
We also liked Basilica di Santa Croce not far from the Uffizi.
This last picture was taken from the upper floor of the Uffizi!

             ______________________________________

I was going to add something else to this post but I'm sure you have more places to visit and it's nothing that won't keep!!

Thanks for looking, Chris


20 comments:

My name is Erika. said...

Yes, this is a busy post but I have to say I enjoyed it. Your husband's new hairstyle photo made me smile. And I really enjoyed the second look visit to Florence. It is a beautiful city and the Duomo is really fantastic, isn't it? Hope it was a great March 2 and that you also have a wonderful T day Chris. Hugs-Erik

Helen said...

Can't believe hubby didn't keep his hairstyle! love the look back at Florence

Iris Flavia said...

Ohhhh. I love that picture of your laughing hubby! He sure looks so happy!

Oh, yes, Florence - so long ago already that we went, thank you for the memories!

A happy T-day, hugs from here.

Valerie-Jael said...

Wonderful photos from Florence, it's a beautiful place. Love your hubby's 'New look' - very quirky! Have a great week and a happy T Day, hugs, Valerie

froebelsternchen said...

Super Florence photos and I love your calendar spreads and of course your hubby's new hairstyling is just so cool!!!!It makes him look at least 20 years younger! Lol!!!

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Wow, this really IS a fun filled post. First, you (and Alison, aka Craftytrog) always put my calendar pages to shame. You put so much into your calendar and it is a genuine work of art, dear. Thanks for sharing it with us at Art Journal Journey.

Looks like T is having fun with his tea and cake. I'll join you for a coffee and scone. Thanks for sharing it with us for T this Tuesday.

Tell T I think he looks like Boris Johnson with his new hairdo!! That really gave me a laugh.

Wow, Chris, I hate to admit it, but I don't remember this post from Florence. You found some beautiful places to visit, including the beautiful church in which you discovered a painting by Botticelli. What a treat that must have been. Great view from the Uffizi, too. Thanks for sharing this incredible second look on the 2nd, dear Chris. GREAT post.

Karen said...

Great photos! thanks for the escape to Florence this morning. All the church photos are beautiful. Your hubby's hair was too funny, what a good sport to let you take a picture. Have a great week ~

Anne (cornucopia) said...

I like your calendar page art. Great photos. I love the architecture. Happy T-Day!

kathyinozarks said...

I always enjoy your posts and photos of your travels-loved the second look,
Your calendar pages are wonderful-I really like your March pages for AJJ's green theme.
had to smile with your Husbands new hair style lol
Happy T hugs Kathy

Linda Kunsman said...

Love your calendar pages- the March green one is fantastic! What a lovely breakfast- which is telling me to get off my PC and have some myself:) Too funny to have such a hairstyle change but it looks like hubby was a good sport about it.
And Florence- another of my favorite cities in Europe! I remember staying at a place just around the corner from the Duomo... thanks for sharing, and happy T day!

CJ Kennedy said...

Your Feb. calendar pages are so neat! Looks like a very busy month, indeed. Hubby's new do reminds me of the description of the 10th Doctor (David 😻 Tennant) "His hair is all modern and sticky uppy" or is that uppie? Your hubby is such a good sport. And that's again for the trip to Florence. Just so beautiful Happy T Day

Meggymay said...

Your husband could be setting a tend with his new hairstyle Chris, he does seem happy to let you take the photo.
A super post tor read and I hope you will have a bit time to spare this coming month and are not so busy.
Yvonne xx

Let's Art Journal said...

Such a fun post! Your calender pages look beautiful, I love the green with the white stenciling - so pretty! The photo of your hubby made me smile, it looks like you both had the giggles at his new hairstyle 😀. The photos of Florence are stunning too, I love all the amazing architecture! Wishing you a happy T Day! Hugs, Jo x

Divers and Sundry said...

Looks like your hubby had fun at the hair stylist lol I enjoyed my virtual trip this morning :) Happy T Tuesday

Rika said...

Fabulous pages!

Lisca said...

Your hubby's new hair style made me smile. Quite 'stickie-uppie'! (as someone else commented).
Thank you for taking me to Florence. I have been to Florence but it was not as a tourist and I never saw the Uffizzi museum. But I did see a lot of other things. Florence is indeed very beautiful.
Your February calendar is very full indeed. It's better that way, don't you think.
Happy T-Day.
Hugs,
Lisca

Eileen Bergen said...

Love your green page, Chris. Thank you for sharing it with us at AJJ. That's a beautiful stamp or stencil you used.

Funny photo of your hubby's new do!

Beautiful photos from Venice. Yes, I did enjoy them too.

Happy T-day! Eileen xx

J said...

Chris I love how you make your pages, the February page is really pretty, what a great idea to stick the squares on to it, I have very small writing so that would be fine for me, ha,ha, mind you when we are at home it wouldn’t be a very interesting read.

The photos are stunning, the inside of the church is amazing, we have a small one in town but inside it’s so beautiful.

Love your husbands new hair do, my husband shaves his hair off, well what is left on top, I say he should grow it in Winter for warmth but it goes curly at the back so he hates it so off it goes.

Enjoy the rest of the week
Jan x

Elkes Lebensglück said...

Beautiful photos from Florence!wonderful your calendar pages!
Greetings Elke

nwilliams6 said...

Beautiful calendar pages! Love that bg! Your Feb calendar looks so fabulous. Love your travel pictures and the fun hair styles of your fun hubby (mine would never allow the pictures and if he did, he would not be smiling). Fun post!