Pearshaped

Pearshaped

Translate

Tuesday 31 March 2020

The Beauty Of Nature

Hi everyone, I hope that while we are all hiding a way from this awful COVID-19 virus that you are able to appreciate that changes going on outdoors.
Our new challenge at Try It On Tuesday is 'The Beauty Of Nature' and whether that be the buds on the trees, the birds singing away, far more loudly it seems without the background noise of traffic or the seasonal flowers that are coming into bloom. Of course, you don't have to stop at the garden either with all the TV programmes dedicated to nature!
The Design Team are clearly all lovers of Nature and have some fabulous inspiration for you! 

I made a journal page as I do so find my journal a go to place for some calm!
I used my Aall and Create sunflower stencil using shades of green and then stamped the flower(197)and coloured it - I wanted the bee from a border set to stand out as it reminded me of a huge bee we saw in the gardens here the other day, so I stamped it onto some rice paper that I had coloured pink. I used the quote from the same set and than added parts of 207 and Bipasha's 'vocalist' set.
I used to have lots of poppies in our caravan garden and they always made me feel happy.

I hope you will join us at TIOT this time - I think we are in for some cooler weather and we are inside for quite a while - you need not feel guilty about spending more time in your crafty space!

I would also like to enter at Eileen's last day of hosting Art Journal Journey where I have really enjoyed the 'Green' theme!
You have inspired lots of lovely pages that I will have to catch up on one day!

Thanks for looking, Chris





10 comments:

Meggymay said...

This is a fantastic page for the new TioT's theme Chris, the flower is one of my favourite images. It may be cooler but the flowers are beginning to shoot away.
Thank you also for linking to Eileen's theme over at Art Journal Journey.
Stay safe and well.
Yvonne xx

Let's Art Journal said...

Such a beautiful page! The stenciled background looks amazing with those pretty flowers and bee - perfect 😁. Wishing you a happy new week, stay safe and well! Hugs, Jo x

My name is Erika. said...

This is a great journal page Chris. Love the little insect stamp on the bottom right.(OK, I am a bug lady-weird I know). It is happy and full of spring and natural images which are just wonderful. Stay safe. Hugs-Erika

Cath Wilson said...

Gosh, I think I've only used that stamp once since I got it, but you've inspired me, Chris. A beautiful, understated page - those flowers really stand out!
Cath x

Mrs.B said...

A fabulous page Chris, I do love this flower (and almost used it). Love the stencilled background and your bee really pops sitting on the rice paper.
Stay safe, Avril xx

Rita said...

We are heading toward spring and just appreciating the shrinking snowbanks. Lovely page!! :)

Helen said...

great page Chris

Helen said...

Gorgeous art journal spread Chris! I LOVE the stamping and the background is amazing! ((HUGS)) Helen

Marjut said...

Beautiful page.
Stay safe and well
Hugs Marjut

Words and Pictures said...

It's a wonderful theme, and you know I'm going to be playing along!! I love your page with the warm blushing rosy tones and those fabulous winged insects. It's a gorgeous flower stamp taking centre stage too. Yes, we've got lovely loud birdsong too - the extremely busy road we live just off is now just moderately busy most of the day and actually has some quiet times (unheard of before except between 1am and 5am). Have you seen some of the videos doing the rounds of nature making its way back into urban areas? The clear canals in Venice with shoals of fish, dolphins in the ports, and then the gang of goats taking over the streets of a Welsh town (that one made me laugh a lot)... hang on a sec - here you go...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xcDvM3PdVsc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jv0DLTVfwIc&

Alison x