Pearshaped

Pearshaped

Translate

Thursday 27 February 2020

Love Spring!

We have been quite busy lately, as well as a service this week we had a trip to a body repair shop to have a scrape fixed after someone bumped us while we were in a car park!!! Fortunately it was not too deep and now it is nearly invisible...and for a very reasonable  price! 
I have also had a trip back to the nurse as my medication changes were affecting me, lets hope that this time it is just right! I'm confidant that once my body becomes used to all the changes - I am on lower doses and one change of tablet!

I have had some time to play and I have also been planning makes with the new Crafty Individuals stamps to be released in April!

I made a journal page using my new Lavinia Stamps - the tree, the hares(or maybe rabbits)and.... also in the collection were some poppies to be used another time!


I'm not so sure that my Distress Oxide background really works here but I did enjoy my play time! 
I used several That's Crafty stencils for the hearts. I stamped part of a seahorse around the edge of the page before inking with Twisted Citron Distress ink. The grass and flowers were made using part of the tree and some extra doodling!

We don't get to see many hares these days but I do love to see them on TV!

I am entering at Art Journal Journey - Hearts - Elizabeth's theme! 
I have so enjoyed this theme but as usual time is running out! 


We have been lucky enough to have some sunshine today so our walk was more pleasant that the last two days, although it was still windy by the river!

Thanks for looking, Chris

10 comments:

Meggymay said...

It is a fabulous page Chris, it does look like spring is in the air with the hares leaping in the scene you created. I like the hearts that are in the sky, love for sure must be all around.
I hope the changes with your meds are working out its good news that you have been given a lower dose tablet.
Yvonne xx

Anne (cornucopia) said...

I think the background looks great. This is a fantastic art journal page. I hope your medicine doses work well. Sorry to hear your car got dinged in a parking lot.

kathyinozarks said...

Hi Chris, your page is beautiful-and the background is just lovely. Awesome new stamps-hoping your medicine works out well too hugs Kathy

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

You have no idea how much time I spent looking for the grass and flowers from the tree. I finally saw it, and it just goes to prove that if you are good at masking, and have a solid and animated sense way of seeing things outside the box, you (not me) can turn commercially made stamps into your playground.

I absolutely adore the hares. When I look at these, I think "British" hares. They are so very different from the American fat, "cute" rabbits that pop up on greeting cards around Easter. Obviously, I love everything about this card, and most of all because you once again shared your journal entry using my theme at Art Journal Journey.

Let's hope they've straightened out your meds for once and for all.

Elkes Lebensglück said...

a wonderful journal page, so beautiful the color and suitable for spring that may come.
All the best that your health will be fine and only good that nothing happened to you in the accident.
Happy day, Elke

Iris Flavia said...

Bummer with the car. Happens here so often, too! People make a damage and then a dash :-(
(Glad I have no (company) car no more!)
Love your page, Oh, I can´t wait for spring, either, the sun peeks in herenad there and then the grey is back...

Let's Art Journal said...

I'm loving your page with those beautiful stamped images! The hearts in the background look so pretty too, the blue coloured backgroun makes me think of the blue skies of spring too 😀. Happy Friday and Weekend! Hugs, Jo x

My name is Erika. said...

Me too. I only wish spring had arrived weather wise but it certainly has with this fun page. Love the bunnies. Happy almost weekend Chris and thanks for joining us at Ajj. Hugs Erika

Rita said...

I hope your meds are good now.
Love the page. Those look like our jackrabbits (or snowshoe hares).

craftytrog said...

A lovely spring page Chris! xx