Pearshaped

Pearshaped

Translate

Tuesday 18 February 2020

T Stands for - the surprise!

Hi everyone, once again apologies are in order for all those folk I didn't get around to visiting last week!

Welcome to my new followers too! 

Hubby surprised me by booking a hotel for Valentines Day, which was the day before I attended a workshop in Carnforth at the weekend.

It was pouring with rain most of the day - Storm Dennis was on it's way and we had thought we might get a walk at Sizergh but changed our minds and instead headed for Kendal.
We went to one of our favourite places - Brew Brothers, although after quite a wait we had to ask where our food was...the order had been overlooked!
Hubby had a fish finger open sandwich, I had an avocado, pepper and cheese ciabatta. Hubby kindly helped me out with those sweet potato fries! Yes, he was in a face pull frame of mind!!
I am joining Elizabeth for T Stands for Tuesday, our drinks are in the cardboard cups, water...of course!

We went to visit a friend before heading to the hotel. 
It was lovely and warm and we forgot about the storm.
 This was the reception area leading to the restaurant where we had our meals - no photos as it was quite busy!
Our room had two chairs like this - a comfy place to read my book!
I think Elizabeth will enjoy this little rocking pig which was in the reception area!
The next day hubby dropped me off for the workshop!
Jo Rice was using Aall and Create Stamps and stencils so you know I was happy! Jo shared so many great techniques which I am going to be using(wait and see!)and is an excellent teacher!
I was so busy(well, OK, busy chatting too) that I forgot to take any photos- part from this of Jo's project...

...and a selfie ...for fun, of myself and Jo!
It was decided, with Storm Dennis in full swing, to finish slightly early so that folk could catch trains etc., so we took our projects home to finish.
Here is mine - completed yesterday!


Hubby hadn't had too bad a day - he went in to Morecambe for a while then to Bay View Garden centre where we used to visit when we had our caravan!

The other day we went for a walk by the river..the island is there ...somewhere!
 We couldn't walk very far in either direction on our side of the river
 The footpath under the road was flooded

The road that leads by the golf course was flooded
Today I am happy to say - the island is back..just!
 There is a little bit of blue sky
 The weir is back too!

Thanks for looking, Chrisx



13 comments:

My name is Erika. said...

I've heard about that big storm and the flooding. You are lucky as it could be worst (I am guessing from photos I saw on the news) but that is still a whole lot of extra water for sure. Glad you are safe. And how nice that the hubby took you away for the night. That is nice. And the class looks fun as does your projects. very cool Chris. Hoping you have a fantastic T day. And no more rain. Hugs-Erika

Linda Kunsman said...

So many reports- and varied too- regarding the storms in the UK recently. Glad you were able to enjoy your workshop and special valentine gift with a hotel stay and lovely meals!How relaxed and happy you look. And I know hubby was happy to oblige with a smile so he can get to the eating :):)
What a great looking project you have made- I love it Chris.
Lots of high waters but happy it didn't effect your weekend. Happy T day!

kathyinozarks said...

I had heard too that Europe was going to have allot of storms and flooding. So glad you were able to go to the workshop anyways and how sweet of your husband to get the hotel room for you both. Your meal looks delicious.
Happy T hugs Kathy

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I keep telling you that T is a keeper! He always seems so thoughtful. Booking that hotel was wonderful. Glad you were safe from the storm before and while you were at the workshop. It was a great Valentine's Day gift.

And yes, I LOVED the rocking pig. Quite unusual and unique, too. I also liked the projects you made. Do you think you will use the organizer?

Those sandwiches looked great. I am SO hungry now. Everything looks good, but it's sad you had to wait so long for your food. I'm surprised they didn't compensate you for the wait. Maybe offer you some coffee after the sandwich or something. Water is the way to go, in my opinion and it looks like you had plenty of food without adding anything else drink wise.

I have to admit, there was a LOT of water and mud where you are. I am glad the water has receded a bit at least.

Thanks for sharing your Valentine gift, your art project, your hotel room, your walk along the river, and your food and water with us for T this Tuesday, dear friend.

Helen said...

Love the project from the workshop, and the hotel room looks lovely and cosy. glad you managed to enjoy the weekend despite the storm which still seems to be causing havoc!

Valerie-Jael said...

Sounds like you had a great time away with a wonderful workshop, and you must have enjoyed it a lot. The rivers and streams look similar here, we've had lots of flooding. Happy T Day, hugs, Valerie

Iris Flavia said...

Ohhhh, so sweet of your Hubby!
Oh, well, rain ain´t that bad?

Oh. Don´t you hate when waiting for your food and then... happened here, too.
That pig!!! I have an Elk. Niece hated him.

Fun pictures of you and your lovely work, but, eeeek, guess I have to call my Brother if there was flooding. Weird weather.
But, still: A happy T-day!

Lisca said...

How sweet of your hubby to book a hotel. And it soulds like you have nejoyed it too. I have never had a comfy chair in our hotel room. Pure luxury. (sometimes there is no chair at all, or a little stool by the desk.
The storm and flooding look pretty bad. We read about it in the press, and of course it is different in different places.
You had a great day at the craft course. The finished project is lovely. Is that a real spoon? it looks nice anyway. well done you.
I'm sorry you had to wait so long for your meal at Brews Brothers. It happens sometimes doesn't it.
Happy T-Day,
Lisca

Divers and Sundry said...

What a delightful Valentine Day surprise. The little rocking pig is a cute touch. I like the project. It looks like y'all are having more rain than we are, and I hadn't thought that was possible. The rains have seemed interminable!

That food looks delicious :) Happy T Tuesday!

Sharon Madson said...

I love the rocking pig! Wow, what flooding; I hope your home was ok. Your Valentine getaway hotel was lovely. And that looks like a lovely meal, too. I am glad you got to do that and also get to go the workshop. Happy T Day!

Let's Art Journal said...

What a lovely way to celebrate Valentines and your fish finger sandwich look so yummy, especially with the avocado - I must give that a try 😊. Great hotel and workshop too, it looks like you had lots of fun! Happy T Day! Hugs, Jo x

Krisha said...

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog on T-day.
It was so great to see your name pop up.
Your art piece is fantastic. I would love to find someone who would teach things like this. You Tube is fine, but a little lonely and not much fun to take selfies with LOL!

Anne (cornucopia) said...

That was so nice of your husband to book a hotel room for Valentine's Day! The food you had looked delicious. I'm sorry to hear it took so long to get it. I never saw a rocking pig, so that was interesting to see. The place looked lovely. There certainly was a lot of water from that rain storm. Happy Belated T-Day!