Pearshaped

Pearshaped

Translate

Monday 24 February 2020

Monday Makes..

...or rather finished on Monday!
I started this journal page last Wednesday after being inspired by watching Abs of Aall and Create with Leonie on Hochanda TV.
Not that you can tell, as I don't have the stamps he was using, but I did like the design of the page.
I used my favourite sunflower stencil in several places across the page as a stamp and then part of a new stencil. I stamped Bipasha's flowers and then some others were stamped and cut out from the same set! I added part of a zip stamp and some of Tracy Evans' hearts.
Finally I added a pice of wash tape. 
I am joining in at Art Journal Journey with Elizabeth's 'Hearts' theme

I have also completed a tag...just in time (I hope)to join in at Tag Tuesday..
I made this tag on the back of another that I am not so keen on, only thing is I wasn't so keen on what I made here to start with, so out with the gesso and green paint, which I then rolled a piece of string over to get some gentle texture! Still not happy I added some yellow paint with edge of an old 'credit card'
The flowers are from a cheap set of clear stamps - using the colours I am seeing around of the crocuses by the roads. It wasn't looking anywhere near finished until I found the words in a Tim Hold chit chat sticker book  - then I knew...it needs some music paper.
Edged with Crushed Olive DI - it's done and I'm linking to Tag Tuesday and Valerie's 'Spring is in the air' theme.

I hope to back later but it may be tomorrow morning...
Thanks for looking, Chris


10 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

Lovely journaling and spring tag. Thanks for joining us at Tag Tuesday, much appreciated. Valerie

kathyinozarks said...

Loving your hearts journal page and your spring tag-beautiful!!

Elkes Lebensglück said...

beautiful Journall and Tag!!! fantastic!!!
Greetings Elke

Anke said...

Wonderful journal and spring tag, Chris.

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Your tag is incredible. It really DOES look like spring. And I am in awe that you included sheet music, too.

Of course, your journal page stole my heart. I absolutely adore the design and the composition of this. It's a really clever design and beautiful journal page. One of my very favorites this month. Thank you beyond belief for sharing this with us at Art Journal Journey using my hearts theme.

Rita said...

What a beautiful journal page Chris. I watched that show and like you it was very inspiring. Hope you are well and keeping safe in this dreadful weather. Hugs Rita xxxx

Rita said...

You always make such pretty pieces.
Love the deep roots quote! :)

craftytrog said...

Gorgeous page Chris, and I love the tag!
Alison xxx

My name is Erika. said...

The sunflower stencil looks like a sun. (Hence the name I guess). I like this page and it works so well for Elizabeth’s challenge. Thanks for joining us at AJJ. Hugs Erika

Let's Art Journal said...

Such beautiful makes! I love the delicate images on your journal page from those stamps and your tag reminds me of spring with the pretty flowers - gorgeous 😁. Wishing you a wonderful week! Hugs, Jo x